Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT: Got hit on the way in to the office today (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/55078-ot-got-hit-way-office-today.html)

dockrocker 07-22-2003 08:20 AM

OT: Got hit on the way in to the office today

Dumbass, stupid mf'er! Not paying attention in friggin' rush hour, this dip**** in a Blazer slams into some poor guy in a Toyota, who hits another guy in a Toyota, who hits a guy in a Chevy, who hits me! We're just stopped at a light and this idiot comes flying up and *BAM* - chain reaction.

Boy that pisses me off. My car is drivable - just some scratches on the bumper, but who knows what it looks like underneath. Neck is a little sore though. I've got the police report and will be making an insurance claim - anyone know what my other options are?

Shane 07-22-2003 08:25 AM

That sucks D.R. Hope you and the car are ship shape soon!

seanclong 07-22-2003 08:28 AM

Obviously the guy behind you was stopped too close otherwise he should have never hit you after being rear-ended -- particularly so far down the chain of events. You might be able to get his/her insurance to pay your deductible. As far as other options, whaddya after?

Cord 07-22-2003 08:30 AM

I got into one of those accidents in Indiana. Turned out the girl didn't have insurance. Not even worth me wasting my time by sueing her. :rolleyes:

dockrocker 07-22-2003 08:34 AM

Ah, I'm just blowin' off steam (though if they wanted to settle for, say, the price of Ozzie's 33 Powerplay, I wouldn't complain! :D ).

Allstate is going to waive the deductable, so I'm cool there. Just wish the car would've been totalled - then I could go buy a new truck! ;) Hell, if you're gonna do something, best to do it right!

OldSchool 07-22-2003 08:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I've been rear-ended twice in the last month by people who weren't paying attention. Now that is a wake up call when you are sitting at red lights. The guy last week never hit his brakes. No damage to my Tahoe either time:D both cars were entire front-end crunches.

CHEVY TRUCKS...LIKE A ROCK

Iggy 07-22-2003 08:38 AM

That sucks.
The person who hit your car is reponsible for the damage to yours. But I believe you can sue the guy who slammed first for other things. Check with a lawer and go see a doctor ASAP.
Pain and suffering, lost wages, loss of services to the wife, etc = $$$$

I've been there too.
Fortunatly for us I saw it coming. Heard the brakes, saw the first car get hit (we were the fourth) and told the wife to put her head back wile I slipped the trans in neutral and released the brakes. The car behind us just tapped ours and pushed us forward just as traffic in front pulled away. We were lucky. Very minor damage. The guy who started it all totaled his.

Hope you feel better.

dyno 07-22-2003 08:38 AM

Damn not the Jag!!!!

Budman 07-22-2003 08:39 AM

My wife and I got back-ended a few years ago. I could tell by looking at the perpetrator that she was a "flight-risk", so I memorized her license # while waiting for the police to show up. Sure enough, after waiting a few minutes she drove off. When the police arrived, he noted that the other car left the scene of the accident and provided me with a name and address. After several letters threatening legal action, I finally received a letter along with a check in the mail from her mother! I guess I got lucky!

Iggy 07-22-2003 08:47 AM

The guy last week never hit his brakes. No damage to my Tahoe either time both cars were entire front-end crunches.
craig223,
That's the difference between a full frame truck and one of uni-body costruction. Not to mention the real steel bumpers.
I hit two cars in the rear and never had so much as a scratch on the old Bronco II. First one was in the rain, it just wouldn't stop sliding. Second one, traffic went from 60mph to zero in a heartbeat and I blinked, tapped the car in front at a brisk walking pace.