Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   BE-AWARE of Maveric Marine in SoCal (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/55112-aware-maveric-marine-socal.html)

PhantomChaos 07-22-2003 01:15 PM

BE-AWARE of Maveric Marine in SoCal

I've been meaning to post this some time ago, but just haven't gotten around to it. I don't live close to the ocean (well.....compared to LOTO guys I'm nearly in it!), but about 30-40 minutes from it.

Maveric Marine is located in Van Nuys, and is about 10-15 minutes from my home. For me, Maveric Marine has been like finding an oasis in a desert of low-service marine service shops. They feature excellent service, on-time repairs, responsive to crunch-time repairs, methodical trouble-shooting, plus they are Mercury trained and certified. I can't say enough GOOD about them.

If you have seen or subscribe to Family and Performance Magazine this year, many of the “how to” features written in the magazine are performed at, and by Maveric Marine.

Here's the warning: If you’re in SoCal looking the usual marine "run-around" service with no “service”……don’t call them. :D :D

Maveric Marine
Eric Bortman
14832 Calvert Street
Van Nuys, CA 91411
PHN: 1-818-989-4445
FAX: 1-818-989-4446
Email: [email protected]

SLINGSHOT 07-22-2003 01:17 PM

NORT I THINK YOU MEANT TO SAY YOU WANT TO " MAKE PEOPLE AWARE" NOT "BEWARE"

WARPARTY36 07-22-2003 01:27 PM

That is nice to hear the ocassional good marine stories. I have not bought a boat from Lip-Ship, but I have friends that have. Phil is a class act guy, with good mechanics. We had problems down there one weekend and he bent over backwards to help us. He helped us when others that should have, did not.

Risk Taker 07-22-2003 01:38 PM

Now see??? Isn't this much better than the REAL "stay away from these guys" threads. If we just point out the people who shine, the bums will be pushed aside.

Great thread, Nort........:D:D.

P.S. - Warparty, you are right about Phil. I have worked with him for about 10 years, and he is one of the best in the business.

martiniboat 07-22-2003 01:46 PM

Couldn't agree more!:cool:

This thread is much more positive although I realize to be fair we must take the good with the bad. Keep the good praise coming, we don't want to turn anyone away from our fine sport! :D

BLee 07-22-2003 01:50 PM

Originally posted by SLINGSHOT
NORT I THINK YOU MEANT TO SAY YOU WANT TO " MAKE PEOPLE AWARE" NOT "BEWARE"

He didn't say "BEWARE" he said "BE-AWARE."

Nice "pump fake" Nort :cool:

PhantomChaos 07-22-2003 01:54 PM

Originally posted by cigracer28/38
He didn't say "BEWARE" he said "BE-AWARE."

Nice "pump fake" Nort :cool:

He caught it........I edited it. It originally said BEWARE........ :D

PhantomChaos 07-22-2003 02:06 PM

I forgot to mention this too................

Last minute things to get fixed on my boat and trailer. I told them I was leaving in the morning. They didn't realize that I was leaving at 2:30 in the morning for Havasu so they figured that I would be picking it up in the "business" morning. After squaring the real time way with them, they stayed on it until it was all done and ready to go that evening at 7:00pm so I could leave at 2:30am.

Just as I'm leaving.......Eric (the owner) said; "I put a couple of things in the cabin for your Havasu trip". I said thanks and rolled on to Havasu.

When I got to Havasu and got in the cabin the next day, it was like Christmas.

8 Maveric cooler kuzies
4 Maveric key fobs
2 Maveric towels
1 Maveric beach bag with.....
1 Bottle of Crown Royal
1 Bottle of Captain Morgan
1 Bottle of Smirnoff
12-pack of Coors-Lite

THAT made a lasting impression. :D :D :D :D

IDRPSTF 07-22-2003 02:07 PM

Thank God you got some service. I have watched this poor guy go through hell and put up with it. I cant tell you how many times I expected Norty to show up with an UZI. Good to hear you have found someone competent. I will have to start sending people there. So far Dan at Archer is the only one I send people to. Now we have a choice.

BLee 07-22-2003 02:27 PM

Originally posted by PhantomChaos
I forgot to mention this too................

8 Maveric cooler kuzies
4 Maveric key fobs
2 Maveric towels
1 Maveric beach bag with.....
1 Bottle of Crown Royal
1 Bottle of Captain Morgan
1 Bottle of Smirnoff
12-pack of Coors-Lite

THAT made a lasting impression. :D :D :D :D

W.O.W. now THAT is service with a smile!