Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   How much did Bruce Dudley get from you? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/55224-how-much-did-bruce-dudley-get-you.html)

waterbum 07-24-2003 07:19 AM

Innuendo (n) - to insinuate, suggest, hint, intimate.

I have done none of the above. There are written complaints backed up with documentation that he stole approximately $85,000 in cash and parts.

Just so we all understand the "rules" of this thread, is he only a crook to those he stole from that post on OSO? People that were victims and submitted complaints against him with the St. Louis County PD, the Missouri State Attorney Generals office, and Kansas City Police Department do not count? Is that correct?

If those are the rules then what is the purpose of this thread? Just to find out how many OSO people willing to post have lost money to Bruce?

I know how much he has been accused of stealing and I know who he stole it from. I have spoken with the victims, some on numerous occassions. I have also spoken with his former landlord, the machine shops and the parts shops. So far they have not filed charges. Whether or not any of these people choose to post does not negate what he did.

The authorities now possess proof that he stole approximately $85,000 in cash and parts and are proceeding accordingly.

So if your thread "rules" only allow the victims of Bruce who post to count in your "OSO Only Total" then I am in for $11,000. However, the real documented total is much, much higher.

Doug

mlitefan 07-24-2003 07:56 AM

G-Force. Waterbum is dead on with his comments. When this is all said and done, Bruce Dudley will sit in jail for a long time. This is a very touchy issue for those of us ripped off by Bruce. You need to understand that.

G-Force 07-24-2003 10:31 AM

I understand that this is a touchy subject...I'd be out for blood if I was the one who got ripped off.
I keep reading all these threads throughout the last months about money that was forked over to this guy...I just wanted one thread where it could all be listed and I just wanted the actual people who lost the money to post up.
And just to make it credible I wanted members to post up so we could all be certain who said what.
Out of 370 posts...only 1 person here lost money?
:confused:
I'm not sticking up for the guy - I think he's a bastard for not only stealing from people - but all the delays, lies, substandard work and B.S. he shelled out to people.

GeeterB 07-24-2003 10:41 AM

Cord

I hope I'm not bringing up a sore subject, but what ever happened to the dude riding w/Kook? I must've missed the update if there was 1.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Cord 07-24-2003 11:25 AM

Last I had heard was that he was still in a coma and that kook had parted out the boat.

X-Rated30 07-24-2003 01:29 PM

Originally posted by G-Force

Let's keep this thread fast and concise: just list the total amount of money you got screwed out of.
Money you PAID him and either didn't get services/parts for...or....parts/engines that disappeared.

Originally posted by G-Force
Uh-uh-uh.....no innuendo or "my friend paid...".

I just want to know who here on OSO got scammed and how much they paid the guy.
If it wasn't you handing the cash over...it doesn't count on this thread.

Originally posted by waterbum
Innuendo (n) - to insinuate, suggest, hint, intimate.

I have done none of the above. There are written complaints backed up with documentation that he stole approximately $85,000 in cash and parts.

Just so we all understand the "rules" of this thread, is he only a crook to those he stole from that post on OSO?
Doug

Doug: Lighten up on G-Force. It is his thread and his question. If you want another thread to put your info in, start one. Hijacking someone else's thread is a little rude. I see the point of this thread, and I find it kind of interesting.

By the way, now that we have looked up "innuendo", why don't we try looking up "concise".:D

Sydwayz 07-24-2003 01:35 PM

Kook's boat was parted out, and the complete hull and trailer were sold to another OSO member. It should be back on the water later this summer.

waterbum 07-24-2003 02:13 PM

Concise - How's this?

I thought the point of this thread was to answer the question -

".....wonder how much he really got away with?"

I provided not only my personal experience, but the total amount that can be substantiated, regardless of whether the victims post or not. That takes some 'splainin.

Since I looked up "concise", could we also get a definition for "lighten up" and "highjack". :D :D

Lighten up - what my doctor says whenever I go see him.

Highjack - my Friday night greeting when I get home from a bad week and say "Hi Jack and Coke, lets have a drink".

Doug

X-Rated30 07-24-2003 02:20 PM

Re: Concise - How's this?

Originally posted by waterbum

Since I looked up "concise", could we also get a definition for "lighten up" and "highjack". :D :D

Lighten up - what my doctor says whenever I go see him.

Highjack - my Friday night greeting when I get home from a bad week and say "Hi Jack and Coke, lets have a drink".

Doug

:D :D :D

BTW -- I wasn't trying to bust your ballz, but if you list a total amount without ID'ing the people who lost the money, and then someone else does the same accidentally including one of the people you aggregated into your total, the results are useless.:)

waterbum 07-24-2003 04:17 PM

I considered listing their names, but I don't have their permission and will respect their right to privacy. How about if I list the city / state and an approximate amount.

Kansas City - $11,000
Utah - $20,000
St. Louis - $4,500
Bay Area California - $9,500
Illinois - $5,500
Omaha - $40,000

Again, these are all filed claims in various juristictions. If the owners of these want to chime in and claim their amount then great. If there are other victims not listed, they can certainly add to the list.