Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   How much did Bruce Dudley get from you? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/55224-how-much-did-bruce-dudley-get-you.html)

G-Force 07-23-2003 03:40 PM

How much did Bruce Dudley get from you?

Ahhhh...the spectre of Mr. Dudley once again raises it's ugly head in the post "Most Wanted List".
Which lead me to wonder how much he really got away with?
Let's keep this thread fast and concise: just list the total amount of money you got screwed out of.
Money you PAID him and either didn't get services/parts for...or....parts/engines that disappeared.

We won't count poor engine assembly or engine problems in this thread.;)

Cord 07-23-2003 04:37 PM

0 My contract was filled.

waterbum 07-23-2003 04:44 PM

I sent my engines to Bruce for a rebuild in July of 2001. I gave him $7,000 in cash to start. March of 2003, I got my used parts back (although he kept my bowtie blocks and gave me 2 used pieces of junk blocks - rusted out holes in the lifter valleys). With the junk blocks I am out another $4,000. Total = $11,000.

I am aware of 5 other people out cash and parts totaling $85,000. Some of these do not frequent OSO. He also skipped out on rent, not paid for custom parts he had ordered from area suppliers, and not paid machine shops for work performed.

Legal actions are in progress to hold him accountable for his crimes.

He was an OSO Advertiser, Tech moderator, and active contributor to OSO. Good intentions, bad businessman, common thief. Has not made any attempt to contact or pay restituion to any of the victims. Pisses me off every day when I think about how he took advantage of me, my family, and all the other victims.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Doug

PS - He is still in the St. Louis area, so be warned and beware.

puder 07-23-2003 04:49 PM

bruce got about $4500 from me, BUT he did deliver an engine. To the best of my knowlegde it was the last engine he delivered to anybody.

Part of me feels damn lucky i didn't get my $ ganked, but another part of me feels almost guilty that my engine arrived while everyone else got screwwed.

FYI i have yet to fire up the engein he biult for me but it looks pretty good and 550hp for $4500 (plus a multimonth time delay and the fear that the engein might never arrive) is a pretty good deal.

G-Force 07-23-2003 04:55 PM

Uh-uh-uh.....no innuendo or "my friend paid...".

I just want to know who here on OSO got scammed and how much they paid the guy.
If it wasn't you handing the cash over...it doesn't count on this thread. I'm certain there are countless non-OSO folks who got reamed out of their hard earned money...but I just want to know who HERE got robbed.

Anyone wonder what he did with all the money?:confused:

puder 07-23-2003 06:00 PM

i was kind of wondering where it all went. My though were A. wicked gambling problem B. drug habit C. strippers strippers strippers!!!

Frequency 07-23-2003 06:05 PM

Puder,

You can't hold him responsible if it's item C. ;)

puder 07-23-2003 08:36 PM

yeah i know those damn strippers took all my money too......

anyone need an sc900 for $8500 ;)

Cord 07-23-2003 09:55 PM

Back when I was getting mine built he told me that he was 30k in the hole. He had a batch of engines go out with some bad clearances. Then kook f#cked his friend up and the wheels fell off. As typical when business start to fail, the income went to pay off past debts leaving no money for the current contracts. And no, it wasn't drugs. :rolleyes:

puder 07-24-2003 12:23 AM

my enegin was part ofteh bad clearance batch he foudn out abotu it after teh first dyn pull and right be fore he was abtou to ship mine out. He opened it up, pulle dthe pistons and the wrist pins were already screwwed upfrom the dyno.

He did replace all the screwed up parts and did ship out my engine with no additional charge.

as for my previous comments i didnt; think it was a drug issue. quite frankly f someone blew 30k on drugs in that short a time they would be in no condition to attempt to biuld and engine.