Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   They Have ARRIVED!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/55238-they-have-arrived.html)

SHARKEY-IMAGES 07-23-2003 07:30 PM

They Have ARRIVED!!!

1 Attachment(s)
After hearing so much about these things, Brick, New Jersey has been chosen to have the 1st store open in NJ.
I can't believe I just waited 35 minutes in the drive thru for these things. After seeing the look on my daughter's face, it was worth it....:D :D :D
That's right......KRISPY KREMES;)

Doughnut aficionados camp out for Krispy Kreme grand opening

Published in the Asbury Park Press 7/23/03

Brick store, first in N.J., to make 2,400 doughnuts per hour
By MICHAEL AMSEL
STAFF WRITER
BRICK -- Laura Gilman readily admits she is a "Krispy Kreme junkie."
That's why she arrived at the new Krispy Kreme store at Route 70 and Chambers Bridge Road at 7:30 a.m. yesterday -- guaranteeing she would be the first one in when the store opens its doors today at 5:30 a.m.
Gilman and her 11-year-old daughter, Kristen, were among Krispy Kreme lovers who planned to spend the night in tents in front of the store, eagerly awaiting the grand opening. It is the first Krispy Kreme store in New Jersey.
"I'm just thrilled to death that Krispy Kreme is finally here," Gilman said. The Toms River resident, who grew up in Alabama, said that "when people ask me about Krispy Kreme, I tell them they are the third religion in the South behind Southern Baptist and SEC football."
As a young girl growing up in the South, Gilman developed a love for Krispy Kreme doughnuts. She was especially fond of chocolate-covered glazed doughnuts and really missed them when she moved to West Virginia, Texas and then New Jersey.
"None of those states had a Krispy Kreme franchise, so I've gone about 20 years without one of their doughnuts," said Gilman, 40.
That "drought" is going to end in a big way today. As the first person in the store, Gilman will get a dozen doughnuts per week for one year.
"I'd be here in line waiting for the opening even if I didn't get the prize," Gilman said. "I just love Krispy Kreme doughnuts. They are light, tasty and sweet."
Almost on cue, Kristen added: "And they melt in your mouth."
Light rain began to fall yesterday afternoon and ominous clouds hovered overhead. Asked about the prospect of inclement weather, Gilman said: "Ah, what's a little rain? Weather is no problem. They (Krispy Kreme) are going to bring out some coffee through the night and there are three televisions in the tent, so we will be watching some movies from Blockbuster. If that's not enough to keep us entertained, my daughter brought a lot of games and a good radio."
A friend of the Gilman family drove Kristen to the Krispy Kreme store at noon yesterday, after her morning soccer camp session.
"I bribed him with a box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts," Laura Gilman said.
Once it's up and running, the Brick store is expected to churn out more than 200 dozen doughnuts per hour, or about 4,500 dozen per day.
Krispy Kreme has enjoyed tremendous success and has grown into a large chain with more than 295 stores in the United States.
Staff writer David P. Willis contributed to this story.
Michael Amsel: (732) 557-5733

Ted G 07-23-2003 08:41 PM

You are truly a lucky man!!!

You're gonna love em:D .

Course all the cops will be fatter around there too:p

Ted G 07-23-2003 08:42 PM

No offense Troutly:D

groove 07-23-2003 08:50 PM

One just opened in Medford, MA. I've been waiting a long time for one around here. Dunkin Donuts food is no good but the coffee is what people really go there for. If we could just get them to merge...

ScottB 07-23-2003 09:04 PM

Everywhere you go down here ther is a Krispy Kreme
They rule

Ron P 07-23-2003 09:33 PM

Yummy in the tummy :) :) :)

Philip 07-23-2003 09:38 PM

Are they better?

Are KK's better then Dunkin? I never had a KK, but what can you do to make one brand better then the other?

Philip

Lucididee 07-23-2003 09:42 PM

Where are they? Gonna have go there after the pitstop at Roy's?

R Addiction 07-23-2003 09:55 PM

Re: Are they better?

Originally posted by Philip
Are KK's better then Dunkin? I never had a KK, but what can you do to make one brand better then the other?

Philip

Phil, you haven't lived!!!! Get them when they are still warm:doggy: :doggy: :doggy:

Iggy 07-24-2003 05:13 AM

My God.....It'll be a good day for the crooks.
There won't be a cop in sight, they'll be fighting to see who's first in line when it opens. :D :D :D :D