If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Question Yamaha Stern Drive???

I'm considering buying a 1994 20 foot Ebbtide Runabout. It has a 5.0L Yamaho I/O (Single Prop). The engine is still the basic 305 Chevy, but I am not familiar with the Yamaha Stern Drive at all. The boat is supposedly perfect, but I'm worried about problems with the stern drive and if it is still supported if something happens.

Any and all opinions/advice on the stern drive would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Greg

Well, I did some searching on the forums AFTER I posted this. Looks like the consensus is that there are no parts for this stern drive. If it fails, you basically have a fairly major task of remounting a Mercruiser Outdrive. Think I'll let someone else have the fun.

My Boats:

Yamaha stern drives

good question before buying,I posted the same thread for my brother ,and the reply was tremendous the parts if needed will be very hard to find and that nobody wants to work on them,we steered clear on this one.Go with a Black outdrive.Darin