Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boat Survey needed around Baltimore!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/55285-boat-survey-needed-around-baltimore.html)

FunHome 07-24-2003 10:40 AM

Boat Survey needed around Baltimore!!

Who know's a trustworthy surveyer in the Baltimore area?? I'm looking into a boat in that area and need a survey done. The guy I talked to at the dealership said that in that area they get like $500.00 to do a survey and it takes about two weeks to get one done????

I have have a couple of survey's done in Florida on boat's about the same size and it was always around $250, so what up with that??

He said he could give me a list of surveyers to use and I could pick one. I'd rather go on someone's reference from here on OSO!!

Shorty 07-24-2003 11:41 AM

Talk to Ted, aka Insptech. He's out in MD and does mechanical inspections. He'd probably have some good ref's for structural too.

Ted, the referall fee is still one cold beer right? :D

FunHome 07-24-2003 11:52 AM

Cool I will!!

BTW, I just heard that the wives ran into each other today....

WARPAINT 07-24-2003 11:53 AM

Tomes landing marina 410 378 3343

ask for Diane, she referred me to a reputable surveyor who did a good job.I believe i payed $395.00 for a 28 foot boat.

GregP 07-24-2003 02:01 PM

You can call Art Lilly at 410-384-1666 and see who he'd recommend. He's near me in Severna Park.

-Greg

Shorty 07-24-2003 05:57 PM

Originally posted by FunHome
BTW, I just heard that the wives ran into each other today....
Whew.... as long as she didn't run into my girlfriend, I'm ok! :eek: :eek:

Ted G 07-24-2003 06:44 PM

FH check your e-mail.

Shorty-beer's on the way:D

Glad you didn't make the Central Run this year-it wasn't the stellar time of the past 2 years:(

But then again,how could it be:p

Shorty 07-24-2003 11:03 PM

Originally posted by insptech
Glad you didn't make the Central Run this year-it wasn't the stellar time of the past 2 years:(

But then again,how could it be:p

Don't tell me K2 got stuck in the mud again! :D :p

We wanted to come, but it bumped up against a group trip to Colorado to go jeeping. But work canceled that trip for me too... This summer's been all work and no play. We've got to get our software compliant with the latest round of anti-terrorist regs. Worst part is even if my software manages to help catch one of the rat bastards, I still don't get to shoot 'em. :mad:

Hopefully we can make it out next summer. Maybe in something a couple feet bigger... notice my new brand agnostic id ;)

Ted G 07-24-2003 11:30 PM

Wow, glad you didn't take that the wrong way:D I meant it would have been great to see you all, but the poker run was a little unorganized. No, K2 stayed in the water and off the turf, and his new 502's ran well all day(he wasn't even last):D

Good luck on the new toy hunt, hope it works out for you, say hello to Dawn from all of us and we'll look for you next year-think you can hang with my cat?????:cool:

FunHome 07-25-2003 11:20 AM

Thanks Guy's!!

I'm making some phone calls right now!!