Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
BEWARE - Bill Harris - coming to a town near you? >

BEWARE - Bill Harris - coming to a town near you?

Notices

BEWARE - Bill Harris - coming to a town near you?

Old 07-18-2003, 09:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down BEWARE - Bill Harris - coming to a town near you?

I have been looking for this topic to pop up and I can't believe it hasn't. This post is to merely protect people from this scam artist! Bill Harris ( this may not be his real name) has stolen hundreds of thousands of dollars from customers on Lake Lanier. He represented Hustler and worked out of the Fountain dealership here. The owner of the Fountain dealership is a stand up guy and got left with the trash. If anybody knows his where abouts the Forsyth County Sheriff's dept would like to talk to you! Anybody want to chime in here? BH
Old 07-19-2003, 01:40 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts
Exclamation

JOKER-

I have been thinking of how to tell my story relating to BILL HARRIS(aka..Joeseph William Volmary, Jr.).
I cannot at this time make the story fit into a post. I don't have the patience(as I type I get more PISSED OFF) to spell out the whole convaluted mess.
I will say that I am currently out over 45k.(Ouch!)
That mostly amounts to my complete savings. Remember I am only a BARTENDER. It has taken a lot of time, and many late nights, to put myself in a comfortable financial situation.
Now, it is all gone due to my desire to help other people and my trusting nature.
I am NOT the only person affected by this con-artist, many other trusting souls are out their hard earned money.Several people have joined with my lawyer and myself, and charges are mounting.
The hard part is deciding if I want to see him in jail, as that surely means no chance to recoup any money.
I will surely make an effort to tell my whole experience on this board. However, if anyone has any info, or would like some, please contact me.

Greg Harris
678-778-4734
[email protected]
Old 07-19-2003, 03:18 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Out $38,500.00 on purchase of a boat and deposit for repairs to 42' Fountain hull and trailer he had. Boat had lien against it and was taken recently after purchase. I was going to make this post today after speaking with several people whom are victims as a warning. Will definately be filing warrants on Monday morning for theft by deception. Have spoken to Forsyth county and Hall county detective on several occasions. Maybe together we can get through this.

Beau Renfroe (770) 231-6153
Call anytime and Bill if you read this it can easily be resolved by returning the money I am out currently before Monday
Old 07-19-2003, 10:37 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

I have sworn out warrants for each charge he committed against me. I have written off the money, but still maintain hope(thats how I got here).
A friend I have made through this(also a victim) and I have hired a P.I. We have heard differing ideas to his whereabouts(Chicago,Miami,etc.) but it seems Costa Rica is most likely.
The good news is I have MANY contacts there that believe he can be found. There prob. would be no extradition, but I can reach out and have him "TOUCHED" for a few dollars.
My new friend gave a deposit on a 26' Hustler, ordered new, to be custom built. He gave a deposit and spoke with Joe and Chip at Hustler about his ideas.The boats was constructed over the Winter. They ran behind schedule a few weeks. They finally finished in early June. The Hull and Engine #s were written up and sent to his loan company, which sent the money to the dealer(BILL HARRIS). That 70+k was part of the money that was taken. Now my friend has a payment book for a boat that is still sitting at Hustler. He also gave money for a custom MTI trailer that was never ordered. It is likely that he will get his boat, but he will be out the up front money and the trailer money. Plus, no idea of when he will actually get his '03 MODEL YEAR boat.
I have more to say, but I am getting really P/O'ed right now. I will post later.

Greg
Old 07-19-2003, 11:31 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Thumbs down

rbr2328:

A friend of mine also bought the 42 Fountain hull you paid for. He called me and was asking about restoring it , etc. I was like - oh no - I knew Pier 57 was screwed out of a bunch of money from Bill Harris AKA Con Artist on that 42 also. Man I hate these " rip off bastards"! Let me knowif I can help you guy's w/ anything. BH
Old 07-19-2003, 06:18 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

The Dealership was Lanier Marine Performance (dba) THE BOAT STORE. He took out a bunch of nice glossy ads in Powerboat, Hot Boat and Poker runs America. Had a pic of the MIAMI BOAT SHOW slingshot, he even had it in the showroom for awhile. I wonder how Joe at Hustler feels about letting him keep it here now.

I think he got money from someone at LOTO that wanted to trade a Spectre cat for a Hustler. Brought the cat here and blasted all over the Lake in it. I don't know what happened to the cat.

More to follow, Getting ANGRY again.

Greg
Old 07-19-2003, 08:13 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Thanks Too Old, I do feel a little better.

I still think I might prefer my friends to be the ones to bring him back.

Greg
Old 07-19-2003, 08:19 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Wink

Greg:

Hang in there man! - The scum bag will get what's coming to him! BH
Old 07-19-2003, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

These con artists need a lot more than HARD time with BUBBA in a small cell. These guys destroy a lot of honest peoples lives so that they may never recover from it.
You should be able to just take these guys out back and just Fing shoot them. No more money wasted.
Old 07-19-2003, 11:49 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

PARTS WANTED-
BOATS WANTED-
MOST WANTED-

I think that would be good.

Greg

Quick Reply: BEWARE - Bill Harris - coming to a town near you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.