Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Grand Haven this weekend???? >

Grand Haven this weekend????

Notices

Grand Haven this weekend????

Old 07-26-2003, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

doesn't look like it's going to be too fun out there...windy as all hell...KAAMA call this morning,,,,not sure if he made it out here or not???
Old 07-26-2003, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

It looks like this weekend is a wash. If it clears up sunday we will be out.
Steve
Old 07-27-2003, 07:51 AM
Registered

looks good today!...anyone want to run from grand haven to somewhere???....muskegon??....see ya out there
Old 07-27-2003, 09:50 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,310 Likes on 3,708 Posts

hey Joey,
What's up?? How the boat going?? when are you going to milwaukee?? if i ever make it up to michigan to see my parents this year, the at on Stclair sounds fun, been years since i have been on the lake. Pete
Old 07-27-2003, 11:18 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sky is clearing but it was rough as he!! last night might take a while for it to lay down. Need the kid to take a nap first too! Not much boat action yet but it should be improving as the day goes on!!!
Don
Old 07-27-2003, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts

I launched at the DNR launch site in Holland and it was very busy. I launched the boat and headed for the lake------tons of boats out on Lake Macattawa! I saw Crazyhorse coming in as I was heading out. I waved to him and jestured for him to come with me back out to Lake Michigan, but he just pointed in the direction he was already heading----IN! Somehow I got that funny feeling things weren't so pretty out on the big lake---Lake Michigan! I immediately became suspicious of the water conditions---Crazyhorse has a BIG 38' Cig as you all know! I was going to attempt going to Muskegon and meet up with Joe "Audacity"------well, I only got out the pierhead/jetty and could barely get and keep the boat on plane. I would dare say the waves were easily 6 to 8 footers---had to make the turn in a trauf/trough (spelling???) about 1/4 mile out and headed back for safe harborage!

When I got back to the launching site it was backed up with boats wanting to load up. So I had to patiently wait my turn, but boy was the wind ever a bear to deal with while waiting. I thought, "what the heck" I'll eat that cold samich, bag of chips and drink a Gatorade while I'm waiting my turn----bet that must a been a real pretty sight while trying to keep my boat aligned with the wind! I had all I could do to keep my boat pointed towards the wind because she was constantly wanting to turn side ways, so lots of shifting and manuvering went on. Finally, it was my turn. As I SLOWLY manuvered the boat I had to do the ol' "Kentucky windage" thing while bringing her in along side the dock at the ramp and it went real well for being a little rusty at it and not boating for a while. Crazyhorse was waiting in line to load up his boat as well, and he brought her in like it was a piece of cake with that BIG boat of his----it was a PERFECT landing he made at the dock---he made it look SOOOO easy! The wind was really blowing HARD and I certainly had my hands full manuvering just to stay in line and wait my turn---especially with all the other boats in line, but it went well with the boaters around me. Everyone seemed to know what they were doing and give each me and others enough slack for manuvering in the nasty wind---I must have had a bunch of seasoned boaters around me and that was a good thing! With Crazyhorse, Dave made it look all too easy---it almost just didn't seem fair!

Last edited by KAAMA; 07-27-2003 at 08:17 PM.
Old 07-28-2003, 06:04 AM
Registered

it was not that bad...they were nice rollers with nice spacing...i had to move some lead around in the boat and grab another set of props from the truck...we ran to muskegon and back with my aunt and uncle...sorry you didn't make it out KAAMA....i was looking forward to running in your boat!
Old 07-28-2003, 06:33 AM
Registered

I agree, it was damn rough around Holland, I ran a mile or so and turned around and brought it back into Macatawa and threw out the anchor.
Old 07-28-2003, 06:44 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I could here the waves crashin all night by my house I'm 2 miles from the lake so I played at home for a change.
Old 07-28-2003, 07:05 AM
Registered

I made the trip from Muskegon to Grand Haven around noon, I passed Joey on the way to Grand Haven as he was going to Muskegon, Joey that was me that went by Dockers with my Excalibur 40, sorry I couldn't have stopped and introduced myself, had to get my passenger back to his dock at Great Lakes Marina, it was a bit rough and there were hardly any boats out on the big lake....I also saw Whitey around the Muskegon lake area and I talked to Dyno at Great Lakes Marina as he was changing his sea pump. The sun did shine all day and made for a decent last day of the weekend.....Fred

Quick Reply: Grand Haven this weekend????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.