Each year, the Washington Post's Style Invitational asks readers to take any
word from the dictionary, alter it
by adding, subtracting or changing, only one letter and supply a new
Here are the 2002 winners:
11. Intaxication: Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you
realize it was your money to start with.
10. Reintarnation: Coming back to life as a hillbilly.
9. Foreploy: Any misrepresentation about yourself for the purpose of getting
8. Giraffiti: Vandalism painted very, very high.
7. Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who
doesn't get it.
6. Inoculatte: To take coffee intravenously when you are running late.
5. Hipatitis: Terminal coolness.
4. Osteopornosis: A "Degenerate" disease. (This one got extra credit.)
3. Karmageddon: It's like, when everybody is sending off all these really
bad vibes, right?
Then, like, the Earth explodes and it's like, a serious bummer.
2. Glibido: All talk and no action.
And, the winner of the Washington Post's Style Invitational:
1. Ignoranus: A person who's both stupid and an as*hole
Alum Metal Fab
Custom Marine Sales
Dave's Custom Boats
Diamond Performance Parts
Double R Performance
Elton Porter Insurance
Fastboats Marine Group
GGB Exhaust Technologies
Grand Sports Center
Ilmor High Performance Marine
Lake Cumberland Marine
Lake Havasu Boat Show
Marine Technology Inc
McLeod Design Group
Performance Boat Center
Performance Marine Trading
Potter Performance Engines
Ron Sporl Performance
Speed and Custom Marine
Total Dollar Insurance
Teague Custom Marine
Wake Zone Marine Insurance
Young Performance Marine