I'm all done in Lake George

Notices

I'm all done in Lake George

Old 07-26-2003, 07:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down I'm all done in Lake George

Well today was the last straw!!! I had a late start and didn't get to the lake until almost 3p.m. On the way to the ramp I saw the Lake George Patrol cruising the shoreline near my launch. At that point I said to my girlfriend "great, how much you want to bet he will be waiting for us". Sure enough I didn't even get out of the bay. I was told I was getting my 3rd noise test and that if it didn't pass he was ordering me off the lake. The conversation started with how he was upset because he could see me rolling my eyes when I saw him waiting for me. Imagine that????? What else better would I have to do on a Saturday afternoon. He must be superman with eyes like that. I proceeded to get agitated but in no way out of line for the situation. I guess he never hears any sarcasim or profanity in that line of work. The part that really bothers me is that even though I know he is doing his job and I am over the limit(5 dcb.) the extent of the conversation was how with such a nice expensive boat I must be able to afford to correct the situation. This was just one of many comments of that nature. It seems to me like a typical case of a guy who is 30 making 30 or less. How is that my fault??Anyway enough ranting. If you have a nice boat and boat on Lake George watch out for Greg Dunn of the Lake Patrol. Short something syndrom!!!!!
Old 07-26-2003, 08:20 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Chuck drive a little further north to Champlain been boating here since 1988 never been stopped for sound or speed, and I have never seen anyone stopped for sound. Besides you'll be able to stretch the legs of that new 30' Specter here without running over someone!
Old 07-26-2003, 08:23 PM
Registered

Guess I should consider myself lucky. Though we have to watch ourselves through the no-wake/slow speed zones, especially Manatee Zones, we don't get hassled by "the noise police" here on the west coast of Florida. It really sucks because they way the tests are administered are so ******* arbitrary. The next time one of our "poker run" groups are together, I will pay particular attention that at least we can hear our group without the bull****.
Old 07-26-2003, 08:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs down

That sucks.Work all week and get hassled on the weekend for bullshij.
Old 07-26-2003, 09:56 PM
Roy

Time to move back home to the St. Lawrence River? How's the new Spectre running? Would like to go for a ride when you come up this way.

Old 07-26-2003, 11:03 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

I was on the lake today. when I was heading in from log bay there was a sheriff at the huddle beach dock. I was just waiting for him to nail me for load exhaust. just before I past him i shut off the engine and coasted in to the dock. Luckily I got away with it. I hear that they been real hard asses this year. I try and be as considerate as possible. I Idle in and out and I don't get on the boat until I am quite aways out. I do understand that some people dont want to here the noise.

Chuck where did you launch from. Its a big lake what about launching at a deferent location. also 5db isn't that hard to correct. they make some inexpensive inserts that will quiet it down with no loss in power.

Are you going to the bash at Log Bay on Monday????
Old 07-27-2003, 12:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you know there maybe a d*ck out there always video tape the event I been doing that and they always get upset n leave when I pull my video camera out
Old 07-27-2003, 05:31 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Not from the area Chuck, have relatives that live in Saratoga Springs, but it seems like there are alot of lakes up there to go to. Brother in law keeps his boat on the Sacandaga (sp). Next year I think he is going to Lake Champlain. Then again he is a cruiser (big Rinker).
May be up that way in august or september. Would like to go up in Aug. and go to the track!! Always something to do there in August!
Old 07-27-2003, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chuck, I know what you mean they tried pulling that chit with me,
i just told him to F!$k off and he was going to have to shoot me to get me off the lake, I also told Mr. dunn to watch him self out at the bars because he is not making any friends on the lake, a little barbaric maybe , but i get so pissed when they give us a hard time.
Old 07-27-2003, 07:18 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hey huge get a membership and look at the pics, it'll "make youz ballz shakin"!!!!!
Old 07-27-2003, 12:53 PM
Registered

Huge, would have liked to seen that. Word of caution, DO NOT try that with the Coast Guard. They WILL shoot.
Old 07-27-2003, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chuck, Mr Dunn was kind enough to me to write me a nice ticket for not having my LG use permit properly displayed on the boat. I explained that it was in the glove box, as I just put the boat in the water after having problems with my other boat, That I lived on the lake and he didnt even give me a little proffessinal courtesy.

I pushed his boat away from mine after he got my info, once I new he was going to write me, so he droveoff a little ways wrote the ticket, came back and tried to explain it to me. I didnt say anything but "whatever" and gave him a stare he wont long forget. He must be all of 25 - 28 years old and probably brought up in a sailboating family.

Its just not you they are after

**** them

Bob
Old 07-27-2003, 02:44 PM
Registered

I think you are doing the right thing by not going back to the lake. The guy has it out for you. Don't put yourself through that. Boating is supposed to be fun.

If you like the lake, correct the sound level of the boat. 5 dba is a lot of sound. Each 3 dba doubles the sound power.

Huge, telling anyone in a uniform to F'off or threatening them (unless they are one of your own) is just not smart.

Last edited by h2owarrior; 07-27-2003 at 08:07 PM.
Old 07-27-2003, 03:20 PM
Registered

I'll bet a wax job that "Mr." dunn was picked on in school. Any takers???
Old 07-27-2003, 05:04 PM
Registered

Hey guys you are right, I just get a little hot under the collar, but i will tell you one thing I have only got one ticket for noise and beat that one in court 4 years ago, and since then I have not gotten an other one or even bean pulled over since then so it must of worked. keep in mind I probobly wouldn't handle the situation like that today, I am older now with a sucessful practice in the area, so i have a lot to loose. I don't want you guys to think I am a nut, but I will stand up for what is right. And Glh I will get a membership, and yould you ge so kind if I give you a camara this weekend will you get some good running shots of my boat, hopfully I can get some good air shots, or second thought lets just rent a hilocopter for the day and film the whole run. anyway I am sure we will have fun, see ya there.
Old 07-27-2003, 09:52 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

It would be great if I could get a photo of Mr Dunn tomorrow at the log bay party. I'm sure that he will be there looking over things. If I get a photo I'll post it, this way we can all recognize this ball buster. He obviously takes his to seriously and must suffer from some serious insecurities and gets off buy telling people what to do. I'll also bet he suffers from abnormally small genitalia and a Oedipus complex.
Old 07-27-2003, 11:19 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally posted by hugetime1
...Glh I will get a membership, and yould you ge so kind if I give you a camara this weekend will you get some good running shots of my boat...
We have the cam and K-Lee (my wife) is a good shote!!! Yves liked the ones from last week end.
Attached Thumbnails I'm all done in Lake George-dscf0008.jpg  
Old 07-27-2003, 11:20 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Attached Thumbnails I'm all done in Lake George-dscf0010.jpg  
Old 07-28-2003, 06:17 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

GLH, thanks for the advice. I am looking forward to checking out Lake Champlaign this weekend. Might have to make it my new lake.

Roy, good to hear from you!!! I heard you are getting out of boating and into the Harley scene? I hope thats not true. Nothing wrong with the bikes, but the north country needs every boat like yours it can get. (lol) I was looking forward to seeing you at John Cotters fun run in Sept. Let me know whats going on
Old 07-28-2003, 06:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Jason, I don't think I could get away with what you did, or suggest but I do know that this is just a summer past time for this nat and there will be a time and place where I have the upper hand. I'll leave it at that.
Old 07-28-2003, 07:58 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Chuck,

I have heard very little positive things for Lake George these days. While that Lake is going down hill, Sacandaga has been getting better and better. Noise limits have not been an issue and old in the narrow upper channel by the Dam is there a speed limit. There have been some cats running excess of 100 and the officers just watch for prudence and respect. And the sandy Islands provide more than enough eye candy.
Old 07-28-2003, 08:16 AM
Roy

Chuck, No I'm staying in the boating scene. I did sell the HTM and bought a cruiser. It is acouple years old, but it is paid for. Had another baby so I needed more room. Will take a year or two to get back up there. Then get back into the speed and still keep the cruiser for the family. Look forward to seeing you this fall.

Last edited by Roy; 07-28-2003 at 08:20 AM.

Old 07-28-2003, 08:33 AM
Registered

Chucky,
Fix the exhaust right.... it's only a few dcb's. Don't give Dunn the satisfaction of keeping you off the lake. Every dog has his day and his clock is ticking.

--Dave
Old 07-28-2003, 08:39 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally posted by Chuck
...I do know that this is just a summer past time for this nat and there will be a time and place where I have the upper hand...
-Revenge is a platter eaten cold.

Way to do it chuck, patience.
Old 07-28-2003, 11:04 AM
Registered

Chuck,

I agree. Don't give the pecker head the satisfaction. I realize the exhaust tips or inserts are a pain but like Hot Boat said there are several that will get you decibel reduction you need and many offer no loss in power. See you Saturday.
Old 07-28-2003, 11:33 AM
Charter Member #1472
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Thats why we stay on the Hudson. There's several different county sheriff's, state police, state park police, and encon. but they rarely pull over our type of boats. They have pretty much seen it all and heard it all. There's a guy with a DCB lime green 26 cat that does 100+ mph flybys (loud as hell) they just sit back and enjoy. They are usually pulling over the people with the kids riding on the bow, or with a ton of people in the boat, and mostly jetskis. It has nice sandy islands also. The island we hang on is right across (1/4 mile) from a restaurant/bar that has live bands on Sat. so you get entertainment too. We've been swimming in the river for at least 15 years and we aren't glowing yet.
Old 07-28-2003, 06:55 PM
Registered

Kirch stay off this web site, you don't have a boat anymore! just kidding whats up buddie. hey finally got that house rented, you were right, they will pay whatever you ask. give me a call, we will go poker running.
Old 07-29-2003, 09:13 AM
Registered

Jason,
I agree......... I just visited because Chuck told me he put a post on about Dunn and I wanted to check it out. That prick ticketed me for silent choice rolling out of log bay a few years back. He's got a "huge" chip on his shoulder and harassing the wrong people and driving a lot of revenue off the lake. Anyway, I've been too busy for boating this summer. Finally, got the track rental squared away and right now getting all my ducks in a row for a total renovate when they leave end of August. So I've been very busy. As soon as I get this one up and running I should have some more time on my hands. I told you so about the rental........... fire me an e-mail at [email protected] and I'll send you the navy rental contact info.
Old 08-17-2003, 12:57 AM
Registered

I have found in 40+ years of boating that you INVITE them aboard, give them the red carpet, and every possible consideration (offer them a soda, etc.), show them the engine compartment etc., and generally try to make their shi**y job a little better that day.
I have made "suggestions" of how to maybe better approach the locals, and have generally afterwards been left alone. They are doing a job, and although there are some that are more socially inept than others, most will appreciate a break.
Old 08-17-2003, 09:42 AM
Registered

Rouxsterre, sounds like good advice to me...

Quick Reply: I'm all done in Lake George

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.