Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who invented steps? Some old school racing stuff IMPSHI CLASS RACERS (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/55477-who-invented-steps-some-old-school-racing-stuff-impshi-class-racers.html)

Audiofn 07-28-2003 08:42 AM

I did that on purpose jack azz :D

Steve 1 07-28-2003 09:00 AM

Some steps are near or less than worthless and others can work ,its all up the the Builder's grey mass

I know one Guy who has a stepped bottom and you can NOT make it do anything wrong. A real well mannered boat ..

Ron P 07-28-2003 09:11 AM

I did a patent search and couldn't find any patent owned by Fountain Powerboats regarding steps. He does have patent on Mufflers.

Maybe there was a mention of a patent pending in proir advertisements and then he never got the patent.

My bad.

GLH 07-28-2003 09:54 AM

Originally posted by Fever Mike
Ron, yep you really had me thinking on that one! ;-)
I just read Fountain just secured a $18million loan through Bank of America!

With Mercury/Brunswick's backing.

GLH 07-28-2003 09:56 AM

Fountain Powerboats Completes Financing Arrangement
Friday July 18, 8:01 am ET

WASHINGTON, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 18, 2003--Fountain Powerboat Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPWR - News) President and Chief Executive Officer Reginald M. Fountain, Jr. announced the implementation of an $18 million long-term financing arrangement with Bank of America, the proceeds of which are being used by the company to refinance existing long-term debt, pay current liabilities, and provide additional operating funds.
Fountain Powerboats has reported three consecutive quarters of operating profit and is in the process of closing its fourth fiscal quarter ended on June 30 during which it recorded strong sales. Mr. Fountain stated, "We believe the results of our operations during fiscal 2003, combined with the new financing, put us in a strong financial position going into our 2004 fiscal year."

The loan is secured by certain assets of Fountain Powerboats and Mr. Fountain and has been guaranteed by Brunswick Corporation, a division of which supplies marine engines used in the company's products.

Except for the historical information contained herein, this press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements containing the words "planned," "expects," "believes," "strategy," "opportunity," "anticipates" and similar words. Such forward-looking statements are subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties or other factors that may cause the company's actual results to be materially different from historical results or any results expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. We assume no obligation to update any forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances arising after the date hereof. The potential risks and uncertainties which could cause actual growth and results to differ materially include but are not limited to, customer acceptance of the company's services, products and fee structures, the success of the company's brand development efforts, the volatile and competitive nature of the industry, and changes in domestic and international market conditions, and foreign exchange rates. Further information on the factors and risks that could affect Fountain Power Boat Industries, Inc. business, financial condition and results of operations are included under the "Risk Factors" or "Factors Affecting our Operating Results" sections of Fountain Power Boat Industries, Inc. public filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, available at (http://www.sec.gov).

SHARKEY-IMAGES 07-28-2003 04:23 PM

Originally posted by GLH
Sharkey,
Thanks for the information about laying up with the split hull and all.
Just to make it clear I was not asking in jest or condemning the practice, I was just trying to expand my minuscule knowledge base!:D:D:D

I know. That is why I guess I ended up going into so much detail... ;)

GeoGraphics INC 07-28-2003 07:16 PM

If you go back a few years I think you will find some of the "modern era" stepped Vee Hulls came from Fabio Buzzi one of them being boat built by Tulio Abbate, and if I"m not mistaken quite a few years before any American builders. Also the reason Reggie has those large steps is through his involment with Fabio too. Steve 1 you remember the Abatte"s that ran around Miami years ago don't you ?