Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Gooseneck (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/55604-gooseneck.html)

boot 07-28-2003 09:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a couple of my old 40' Formula on a goose neck .

boot 07-28-2003 09:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wow, That didn't show up too good !
Here's another

boot 07-28-2003 09:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
sorry I can't find any better .
Goose necks are harder to get around with (Yes thats the facts !) They need a much wider turning radius . They are the way to go though .... With that much weight , and how long it is you should have it . It makes for a MUCH more stable ride .This boat was about 13,500lbs, and the trailer was almost 6,000lbs. Ran 85 mph any time, anywhere with a single wheel truck !! Handles like a dream !! :D Three axles are a lot more drag when turning tight and real hard on the tires, wheels , axles and suspension. 2 dually axels are more money , and if you are going to dunk it in the ramp 2 axels are better . With three you put too much stess on on the front one . You will blow tires and bend axels . Also make sure you get hydraulic brakes NOT ELECTIC ! Yes you can get an electric over hydraulic pump for the gooseneck too . Any quesions ,email me . Joe

boot 07-28-2003 10:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
IF you want some pictures of your boat before , let em know .I have a ton .

boot 07-28-2003 10:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:D

Hot Duck 07-29-2003 10:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Boot - Thanks for the pics. I am actually considering running it all white for a while until I get the ideas and finances for a paint job. I am not really crazy about the vinyl graphics on the boat right now. She could look something like the picture below.

I just put together a quick photo shop hack job to see what it could look like. I erased the current graphics, stuck a flag and a number on the bow and threw a name on it. I still have not decided on a name, but I needed to put something on there to see what it looks like. I also thought that it might be cool to put the boat back to it's original "Kid Apache" colors and design...we'll see.

For right now I just need to rehab or replace the trailer so that I can get it around safely.

ScottB 07-29-2003 10:38 AM

I will email you pics asap I took some photos and my wife is having them developed today. I will shoot them to you as soon as I get get them back. It is a friend of mines trailer and it is in great condition. It still has some of the rubber nubs on the tires it has been used so little.
It is stored indoors and is all aluminum with stainless hardware. He paid 19k for it and is asking 10k
It looks exactly like the big steel Mycos but its aluminum. It even has guide poles. I have never seen bigger ones. My #'s are 561-304-3466 wk or 561-743-9487 home

puder 07-29-2003 10:42 AM

i can tell you for a fact that the trailer has been dunked in salt water.

Glad to hear you got it back from todd.

Hot Duck 07-29-2003 11:15 AM

I do have the Apache back. We went to Lake X with the race boat last week to do some testing and then went to Bluntstown to get the Apache. The engines were finished, but were not back in the boat yet. I did not have the time to sit there for a few days to wait for them to install the engines, so we moved the boat to Tres and his crew @ Martin Marine. They are going to dyno and install the engines and do some other miscellaneous things while it is there.

I figured that Ft. Lauderdale is not quite as far out of the way as Blountstown. We are in that area (Miami/Ft. Lauderdale) with the race boat quite a bit, so it will be no big deal to pick up the Apache from them when it is finished.

FunHome 07-29-2003 12:05 PM

boot, what kind of trailer is that?? It weigh's 6000lbs?? WOW!! I'd like to have a goosneck also!! Anyone know of any used ones?? ScottB sorry your friends trailer sounds awsome but to much for me!!