Notices

Gooseneck

Old 07-29-2003, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Will...glad to see you were able to pick up the Apache & motors w/o any problems...

Lotsa luck with it!

Coming up to Point Pleasant in a couple weeks??

Marty
Old 07-29-2003, 03:24 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HD glad to hear it all worked out. Good choice letting tres finish up the work. Straight shooter. No BS in his shop.

if you need somebody to drive it around for you while its in lauderdale i'll be down there in a few weeks
Old 07-29-2003, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Fun Home, It's a steel "target trailer". It was made heavy duty for a 41 Cig with diesels . It has 3 9,000 lbs axles! And did you notice the size of the tires compared to the truck ?!?!
I added the bridge gusset to take the bounce out , and also a railway down the center so I could unload the boat in the driveway just for fun ! Of course I wanted to add a water tank and 2 motor cycle racks on it too . But I figured it was heavy enough !
Old 07-29-2003, 05:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

East Coast B: I live right in downtown OC, one block off the ocean. Shoot me an e-mail the next time you are down!

Puder: I can only imagine that the trailer has been dunked in the salt. Was it you that took a run in it with Todd this past winter/spring down on the east coast of Florida? It has some rust spots that may be able to be fixed. I am exploring the options now.

Bodyshot1: I would love to come to Point Pleasant for the race! The OPA events are always a blast. If we bring a boat to run, it will probably be the 39' Kryptonite. Maybe she has learned to play well with others now (ie...no spinning )! Hey, all I can say to Mark and Bill is that it has happened to the best of them and that tomorrow is another day. The Gladiator and Apache are both in Florida so I can almost guarantee that neither of them will make the trip. Even if we don't bring a boat, I would still like to make it up for the race!

Puder: Just saw your last post. So far Tres has treated us really well. I am absolutely amazed at his attention to his customers. It is funny having a boat doctor calling me instead of me having to track him down. It will take some getting used to, but I like it. You know, I have dealt with quite a few people in the industry now and Tres and Phil (Lip-Ship Performance) have been the only ones to take the time to call and keep me informed.
I can honestly say that Tres seems to be straight forward and that I am looking forward to a great working relationship with him and Martin Marine. Hey, between Martin Marine and Lip-Ship, why go anywhere else?
Old 07-29-2003, 06:20 PM
Registered

Hot Duck, downtown OCMD, fabulous!!! I've been going to the Chalet on 10th st. and the bay since I was born.. It's changed a lot over the past few years since Carol and Paul sold it and retired... New owner painted it an ugly color, but it still my favorite place, lots of memories with my past boats.... I was hoping they would sell it off as condos.... We'll be back down at some point.... Dammed job has been getting in the way as of late!!! Beers on are me!!!!
Old 07-29-2003, 07:27 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

HD you really did get the full customer servioce spectrum on this boat

i most definatly did NOT run the coast on that boat with todd. I spent one afternoon with him and that was enough for me. I sea trialed it with todd, sort of. It was dark by the time it made it to the water (shot impeller tahthad to be replaced). SO the actual sea trial was the following day with the owner. To get it out of the water after the run instead of going to a crane facility it was trailered out at a public boat ramp. It was a VERY interesting proceedure, the crashboxxes and the crowd that ammassed to watch the proverbial "monkey f**king a football" didn't make things any better.

FYI i was an impartial observer on that sea trial, it was another OSO member who was the potential buyer.

regaurdless she will be a fun ride once you get her engines back in place!
Old 07-29-2003, 08:14 PM
Registered

Hot Duck, I just posted pics in the part forum
Old 07-29-2003, 09:41 PM
Registered

H.D.

I've had dealings with Tres & the guys at Martin MArine.

They really are stand up guys. I would reccomend them to anyone.

Good luck with the Apache

Fred
Old 07-29-2003, 09:49 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Nice ride duck. If you bring it to Point Pleasant on the 15th we might have room to use it as a pace boat.

Let me know.
Old 07-29-2003, 09:51 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Oh and bring the 39. That boat was smoking in A/C...until...it spun. At least they can say they had the lead on the third lap. Wazzup and the Bad Boy didn't give em inch.

Hope to see you in Milwaukee with a smoking SV ride.

Quick Reply: Gooseneck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.