Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lucy,

Try the Pfister hotel - top notch.

Steve
Old 07-29-2003, 03:29 PM
Registered

Question mckinly marina

Can anybody tell me where mckinley marina is in relation to the map on the apba site. Having never been there I can't even tell if mckinley is in that breakwater or close by. Our group is slipped in mckinley and need to know some info for watching the race and general boating out on the big lake???? Any help would be appreciated!!
Old 07-29-2003, 03:57 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Mickinley is all the way to the north. South Shore is all the way to the south. The river is between the two. Summerfest ground is just north of the river behind that little hook that projects into the harbor. The art museum is just north of the summerfest grounds. Further north of the art museum is Veterans park. Veterans park is just south of Mickinley. South of the river is Jones Island which has the city of milwaukee sewage treatment plant. The "island" (its only a peninsula now) extends all the way down to south shore yacht club.

Mike-I was planning on launching out of Port and boating down. There are two ramps in the harbor. One is really crummy with no parking and the other is being used to launch the race boats.
Old 07-29-2003, 04:58 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Tracy and I are staying at the Hilton Milwaukee City Center. We'll be arriving on Fri. launch the boat maybe go for a spin on Fri then go back to the Hilton. They have an indoor water park with big slides and everything. We'll hang out at the Mairina as well.

We're not ones who like to sleep on the boat so we got the hotel room for the weekend.

See you all there.

T & T
Old 07-31-2003, 05:18 PM
Registered

Originally posted by ActiveThunderTodd
Tracy and I are staying at the Hilton Milwaukee City Center. We'll be arriving on Fri. launch the boat maybe go for a spin on Fri then go back to the Hilton. They have an indoor water park with big slides and everything. We'll hang out at the Mairina as well.

We're not ones who like to sleep on the boat so we got the hotel room for the weekend.

See you all there.

T & T
Todd,

My wife, daughter and I will be arriving Friday night, staying there also. I will be helping out at the races on Sat. hope to meet some of the great people of OSO.

Matthew
Old 08-01-2003, 11:22 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

We will be at the Pfister Hotel.
Old 08-02-2003, 01:59 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

So, are we gonna try to make an OSO raft off somewhere??? Sounds like a good idea to me!!

Cord, you mean Port Washington I assume??? Sounds good to me. Just make sure the tank is full!!!

'Foul
Old 08-02-2003, 02:42 AM
Registered

Mike,
I don't think there will be room for a spectator fleet the way the course is laid out. Check the APBA site. A large group of OSO boats are coming up from North Point each day. We are trying to make arrangements to dock and watch the races from land.
Dan
Old 08-02-2003, 05:50 AM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

The Safety Zone to the South is the best viewing area, near turns 4 or 5!! Maybe the South-west area but it looks tight!

.................not to scale.................
Attached Thumbnails Milwaukee race info?-course.jpg  

Quick Reply: Milwaukee race info?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.