Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Poker Run Question (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/55700-poker-run-question.html)

Hot Duck 07-29-2003 10:49 AM

Poker Run Question

Here is a question for those of you that have done poker runs. Is there access to a crane or travel lift at the majority of the events?

When I get this Apache to the point that it is presentable, I want to start attending as many of these events as possible. The concern is my trailer situation. I currently have a painted steel dually trailer and do not want to dunk it. The current trailer is in need of a rehab, so I am also looking at the possibility of replacing it with one exactly the same or very similar (possibly a gooseneck dually). Again, I would not want to dunk this one either. I really like the painted trailer because of its looks and options (water tank/wash down system), but will go with an aluminum one if I have to.

So, I hope that some of you can answer this from experience. From what you have seen, is there generally a crane or travel lift available at poker runs?

As always, thank you for the info.

sgrady 07-29-2003 11:06 AM

Most I have been too, do not for that size boat in the great lakes, only in Florida. Might be in your area though. How did the boat turn out ?????

kitten 07-29-2003 11:09 AM

Some do, .... Some don't.

May I have a ride? Now that I got that out of the way!! :D

PRA always has a crane. :crazy:

NPBA, (NYC) had a crane. :chick:

:p Some of the smaller ones do not, like OPBA, Tampa Bay area. ......But there are other advantages, beautiful water surrounded by white sandy beaches, great food, great people, tee shirts included too!! :hammy: ...Did I say great people....COME ON DOWN Labor Day!!!

Cignificant 07-29-2003 11:10 AM

The Little Creek Regatta Poker Run (this weekend) has a place lined up that provides this service for free. For other runs that I have been involved in you would have to contact a marina in that area and arrange for the service. I paid $5 a foot in Miami a few years back.

Hot Duck 07-29-2003 11:21 AM

sgrady :I do have the Apache back. We went to Lake X with the race boat last week to do some testing and then went to Bluntstown to get the Apache. The engines were finished, but were not back in the boat yet. I did not have the time to sit there for a few days to wait for them to install the engines, so we moved the boat to Tres and his crew @ Martin Marine. They are going to dyno and install the engines and do some other miscellaneous things while it is there.

I figured that Ft. Lauderdale is not quite as far out of the way as Blountstown. We are in that area (Miami/Ft. Lauderdale) with the race boat quite a bit, so it will be no big deal to pick up the Apache from them when it is finished.

I'll post the results of the dyno when I get them.

sgrady 07-29-2003 11:45 AM

Great news, good to hear, keep us posted !

Reckless32 07-29-2003 11:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
"The Little Creek Regatta Poker Run (this weekend) has a place lined up that provides this service for FREE..."

HOTDUCK, as Cig said we have FREE lift service from a participating Boatel/Marina (Marina Shores, Va. Beach) that will easily handle your boat. You're only 3 hours from our event. Read the posts on the main forum and/or Poker Run discussion forum for more in depth info on our event which is always scheduled on the first weekend of August. It's going down this weekend and late registration is up to Friday at the captain's meeting during the first of two party's....Check it out and come down this weekend if able...

Rick Elkins
HRPA President/Poker Run course coordinator
www.littlecreekregatta.org
www.HRPA.homestead.com/homepage.html

Reckless32 07-29-2003 11:51 AM

More Info: Best Bang on the East Coast...

2003 Little Creek Regatta/HRPA Chesapeake Bay Poker Run

Schedule of Events

Friday, August 1st
5:30 p.m. Registration; gates open; 50/50 Raffle & Silent Auction begins. Interim entertainment by George Seltzer.
7:00 p.m. Mandatory Captain’s meetings (sailboats, poker runs, & fishing)
7:30 p.m.- 10pm Pre-race Party resumes with catering by Pizza Hut and main entertainment by popular local band “Hot Cakes”.

Saturday, August 2nd
8:00 a.m. Participant Continental breakfast available (Bay Point Grille) VIP vessel, “Victory Rover”, departs Nauticus (by invitation only)
8:30 a.m. Spectator vessel, “Nautical Adventures” departs Bay Point Marina
9:00 a.m. Children’s Fishing for a Cure Tournament starts (Lynnhaven Fishing Pier)
9:20 a.m. Little Creek Cup sailing race starts.
10:00 a.m. Chesapeake Bay Poker Run cruiser/family boat class starts.
10:15 a.m. Chesapeake Bay Poker Run “performance” boats starts.
3:00 p.m. Margaritaville kicks off. Entertainment by steel drum band “Calypso Nuts” inside (Bay Point Grille).
5:30 p.m. Post-race party gates open;
Catering by the Virginia Diner; Interim entertainment by Nancy Schwegler.
6:45 p.m. Chesapeake Bay Fishing for a Cure Tournament Awards.
7:00 p.m. Chesapeake Bay Poker Run “best hands” Awards.
7:15 p.m. Little Creek Cup sailing race Awards.
7:30 p.m. Party continues with main entertainment by popular local band “Ten Spot”.
8:15 p.m. Silent Auction closes.
8:45 p.m. Little Creek Regatta Fundraising, Silent Auction, & 50/50 raffle awards.
9pm - ?? Party continues…

ALL FOR $150.00...Covers four people and one hand.

hugetime1 07-29-2003 07:00 PM

dude trailors are for dunkin, just get used to it