Milwaukee Race info and update

Notices

Milwaukee Race info and update

Old 07-29-2003, 10:00 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Milwaukee Race info and update

I had the honor of taking out the vice president of the APBA and 2 of his guests today on the Apache. They wanted to get an inside look on the water for the course. The couse starts a Vetrans park and runs south the the South Shore Yacht club and back. The best place to stand and watch the races are from the red lighthouse and north to vetrans park along the waters edge. The summerfest grounds will be open the the public along the water for viewing. The cranes will be dropping the race boats in at the sailing center at the north end of the race course. There will be a parade and display in the Milwukee river of the race boats.
Parking will be a premium and rafting will be necessary, but there should be places on the river for docking. There are rooms set aside at the Pfister, the Wyndham and the Holiday inn. Mention you are with the APBA to receive discount pricing.
Please keep you flaps closed inside the break water and in the river and the police and the Sheriffs will not bother us, but who knows about the DNR because they think they are above GOD. Please feel free to contact me with any questions. I will give you all an update tomorrow.
Little Tommy 1-414-349-8567