Notices

Chicago this weekend

Old 07-31-2003, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Chicago this weekend

We will be heading from South Haven to Chicago Friday afternoon (8/1) and will be at Diversey Harbor until Sunday. Is anything interesting happening during the day Saturday and will any of you guys be out on the water to watch Venetian night.

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 07-31-2003 at 08:26 PM.
Old 08-01-2003, 06:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was planning to go watch Venetian Fest, if its not raining too bad.

How was South Haven?

Roger
Old 08-01-2003, 07:00 AM
Registered

Watch out!
The Coast Guard has decided to put a speed limit in effect for certain areas during the tall ships festival. I 'll dig thru the tribune to see if I can find more info.
DS
Old 08-01-2003, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we have not gotten to South Haven yet, we are only going there to put the boat in, & then will head directly to Chicago.

We here lots of the cool boats are in Hammond, if anyone is around Saturday morning we might buzz by and see some of these boats we keep reading about.

Donna
Old 08-01-2003, 10:29 AM
Registered

UNITED STATES COAST GUARD
FOR PUBLIC RELEASE
CHICAGO 2003 TALL SHIPS CHALLENGE AND PARADE OF SAILS
30 JULY THROUGH 04 AUGUST 2003

In the interest of public safety and security the Captain of the Port Chicago has established several temporary safety zones in support of the City of Chicago’s Tall Ships 2003 marine event from 30 July through 04 August 2003. On 30 July 2003, the Tall Ships Parade of Sail is scheduled to take place from the Wilson St. Crib past Chicago Harbor Light to the moorings at Navy Pier, Ogden Slip, DuSable Harbor and the Chicago River. A moving safety zone will be established around all participating tall ships involved in the parade. This safety zone will extend 100 yards ahead of the first official parade vessel, 50 yards abeam of each parade vessel, and 50 yards astern of the last vessel, and will be in effect from 9:00 a.m. until safe mooring. Starting on 30 July and ending on 04 August 2003, a Regulated Navigation Area will be in effect for all waters of Lake Michigan starting at the Alder Planetarium to the inside the Chicago Harbor breakwall extending up to the Michigan Avenue Bridge on the Chicago River. For complete details on this area see 33 Code of Federal Regulations Parts 100 and 165. This Regulated Navigation Area is established to control vessel traffic in Chicago Harbor for the protection of both participant and spectator vessels during the 2003 Tall Ships Challenge and Parade of Ships. Consequently, all vessels will be restricted to slow, no wake speeds not to exceed five miles per hour. Furthermore, it will establish a 20 foot safety zone in all directions around each participating tall ship while moored. In addition, the Chicago River will be closed to all vessel traffic on 30 July 2003, from 12:30 p.m. to approximately 2:00 p.m. between the Michigan Avenue Bridge upstream to the Chicago Harbor Lock to allow for the safe navigation and mooring of seven tall ships on the south wall of the Chicago River. Once all the vessels are safely moored the closure will be lifted.
Old 08-01-2003, 10:34 AM
Registered

We are launching at Hammond Saturday afternoon if the weather cooperates. Hope to see everyone for the fireworks.
Dan
Old 08-01-2003, 11:28 AM
Registered

If there is no rain we will launch from Diversy Saturday and check out the Tall ships with the kids.

Dan if you are out call me we could meet up for a quick Captain&Coke 630-215-7504

Russ
Old 08-01-2003, 12:11 PM
Registered

Russ, Candyman and Partiyacht

I will be downtown Saturday afternoon / evening for the fireworks and festivities.

Do you want to set a meeting place / time?

Steve

847-254-3748 cell
Old 08-01-2003, 04:16 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We will be out all day tomorrow. weather permitting. If the lake cooperates we may head to Chicago to see the ships. We'll look for you guys.

If it's to rough, we'll just chill on our end of the pond.
Old 08-01-2003, 10:08 PM
Mr. Demeanor

I was out there today. Got on the trailer just before the hail started...not my boat luckily. The entire area inside the breakwater around Navy Pier is NO WAKE. NOt that big of a deal but a pain.

Quick Reply: Chicago this weekend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.