Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Which marine speakers...MB Quartz, Babb, or Infinity?? >

Which marine speakers...MB Quartz, Babb, or Infinity??

Notices

Which marine speakers...MB Quartz, Babb, or Infinity??

Old 08-03-2003, 10:01 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a lot of trouble with my mb marine components, they blow the capacitors nearly every time, I think I'm gonna try something else, in a 6 1/2''
Old 08-03-2003, 12:52 PM
Registered

I am a distributor for all three. MBQuart just came out with an excellent set of coax speakers that I highly recommend. Their marine sub is not yet available. They are even coming out with a marine head unit real soon.

I have set up numerous systems with Babbs. To use the 10 properly, you have to set it up as a full range speaker and give them a dedicated true 50 to 75 watts each. Picture them like an EV concert speaker. They are loud and move sound well. For clarity, I usually add a set or two of MBQuarts.

Rockford Fosgate amps work very well in boats. I have brand new RF amps on sale for $125 each and about 40 available. I offer white fiberglass gelcoated sub boxes for $180. Call 813-882-8477 with anything you need or email [email protected]

Andy Buzz
Buzz-Off Alarms
Maximum Audio Systems
Old 08-03-2003, 08:35 PM
Registered

Andy-
I just emailed you.

Adam Thunder32
Old 08-03-2003, 09:04 PM
Registered

I have a set on the way to Active Thunder for a new 37 being built. Going with three pairs of MBQuarts 6.5 in the cockpit, two in the cabin, one 10 inch sub and four of the new Xtant mono amps for mids and one mono sub amp for the sub.

Xtant recently introduced a mono full range amp with incredible dynamics and volume. Best yet, it draws less current than other cmps and does not get hot. Only measures 6 inches by 6 inches each. Stainless covers look clean too,

We can talk further in the am and if you desire, I can send straight to Pat for your boat.
Old 08-03-2003, 10:33 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,784 Likes on 885 Posts

Originally posted by jafo
Bought my Babb's from Audiofn- absolutely awesome sounding marine speakers!
Me Too!!!!! and I agree, they sound excellent. I've got 4 6x9's. If I remember correctly, Jon liked the 6x9's a lot, but said there are better sounding speakers in the smaller sizes and the 10".

Troutly, the grills are part of the speaker and can't be removed.
Old 08-04-2003, 07:02 AM
Registered

FWK, I had Babb speakers on my boat and the 2 small round (6" maybe) went bad and I would like to replace them. Can you e-mail me some info? Also would like a lg. sub. thanks Jeff... Hotrod2 @triton .net
Old 08-04-2003, 07:11 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You can remove the Babb grills. They are glued on and you can order new ones. There was a time when they had a bad run of plastic and it seemed that every grill would get brittle and crack. At any rate Babb was real good about replacing the grills for free. You just pull off the old one (ussually with pliers) and then glue on the new one.

The babs are great speakers there is no doubt about it that they performace that you get for the money IMO is unmatched in the marine industry. You have to spend a lot more to get more.

If you have any questions about placement or combinations that I have used feel free to give me a call and I can offer up what ever knowledge I have for you.

(978) 985 0639

Jon
Old 08-04-2003, 12:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All of the speakers are great,

I have MB Quartz and they are ear piercing and crystal clear. I have heard nothing but good about the babbs also.

As for subs, I have kicker 10" comps in sealed boxes under the bolsters and I love them. Just make sure you power everything all the way.

Just DO NOT go with the free air subs!!!!! They suck,

Also Andy helped me with my stereo and so Did FWK (Forest) both are stand up guys.

WILL
Old 08-04-2003, 07:44 PM
Registered

Thanks Andy for hooking me up with all I need.

Adam
Old 08-05-2003, 12:10 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,784 Likes on 885 Posts

Originally posted by Audiofn
You can remove the Babb grills. They are glued on and you can order new ones. There was a time when they had a bad run of plastic and it seemed that every grill would get brittle and crack. At any rate Babb was real good about replacing the grills for free. You just pull off the old one (ussually with pliers) and then glue on the new one.

The babs are great speakers there is no doubt about it that they performace that you get for the money IMO is unmatched in the marine industry. You have to spend a lot more to get more.

If you have any questions about placement or combinations that I have used feel free to give me a call and I can offer up what ever knowledge I have for you.

(978) 985 0639

Jon
Thanks for correcting my error
I was thinking that he meant covering the whole front face of the speaker.

BTW, ever get 4 channel amp for me??? or do you remeber that. Not sure how lit you were when we talked about it. LOL

Quick Reply: Which marine speakers...MB Quartz, Babb, or Infinity??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.