If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The Illustrious One Charter Member sean stinson's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Back on the dock!!!!!!!
    Internationally Famous
    Originally posted by East Coast B
    I tried ebay, nothing... Got a few calls from people wanted to try and sell it for me...

Thanks for the suggestions.... keep them coming....
    You didn't answer my main question though. Are you trying to get rid of it to step up?
    Dying,....Is the day worth living for!!!!!!

My Boats:
    Just toys now
    Akron, OH
    I know what you mean.
    I have had my boat for sale for 2 years now and no serious responses. Just brokers and people interested in the engines.

Most people that have rode on it or seen it can't belive the bang for the buck. At the price it is at I'll keep it. It doesn't help the area we are in is really economically hurting.

I've tried:

Powerboat magazine
    Traderonline (5 runs)
    Website below

If I really want to sell it I'll find an OSO member who wants a great set of engines, swap, and sell for the defference.

Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
    Sorry, missed your first post...

Yes, we want to step up to a bigger boat in the near future. We'll be looking at something in the 1-2 year old used range likely from the private sector. We want to sell this one and wait out some possible job changes this fall. If all goes well, we'll be in the market for a bigger unit.

That's a great looking boat. I think that you're a victim of a tough market. Boats in the 28'+ range are such a steal right now that you can't sell smaller boats without giving them away. Just look at the 28 SS thread, that's a lot of boat for a small premium over what you're asking. Good Luck!

SE, Michigan
    You'll probably have an even harder time selling it now that boating season like here in MI is at least half over. I listed my other boat at about this time last year and didn't receive one call untill this spring.

Registered Platinum Member THEJOKER's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Being a great husband and dad , boats , golf
    Lake Lanier - N. Georgia

I always cut the price so I loose atleast $ 20,000 and they usually sell! BH

My Boats:
    1999 Mach1 290
    LOTO / Overland Park, KS
    I don't think that price is out of line at all. It's a good boat, actually built pretty darn well, just not a real well known brand. They don't make that many a year.

I've got a 29' Mach1. Overall, I've been happy with mine. It's a great boat for LOTO. I have tried to sell it off and on a couple times, but never real "seriously". It had fit my needs and budget nicely. Part of me wanted to sell, part of me is pretty attached to it.

But, I'm finally ready to move up. I'm going to put it on the market seriously in the next week or so, as time permits. It will be serious this time, and I am confident by spring I'll be in something else. (I even changed my OSO screen name! Now that's serious! )

Just stay with it, the right buyer will come along. Heck, I might not even sell mine to the wrong buyer. It ain't going if it's not to a good home!! I don't want to see anyone trash it!!!

My Boats:
    2000 24 Pantera
    Jupiter, Fl
    Try a broker who knows his chit. If he can talk shop and understands what you are talking about when you talk power and drive, hull and construction, chances are he will do a better job selling. There are a few good ones out there. If you in PA, I would try one at the Jesey Shore

Platinum Member Platinum Member CAP071's Avatar
    I can't even give mine away
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle.”

Low Rider
    One way to help people see your boat on boattrader is to use the names of other manufacturers in your add. "If you are looking for a Baja or Checkmate then consider my Mach 1". When people are searching for the other boats your add will also appear in their search. That is how I found the boat I purchased, I was considering a Fountain and because of the way the add was written I went with another brand when it appeared during one of my searches for a Fountain. The pictures of your boat look great, it should sell soon.

Good Luck

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast