Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Ehaust Alignment Update - Stainless Marine is the Best!!! >

Ehaust Alignment Update - Stainless Marine is the Best!!!

Notices

Ehaust Alignment Update - Stainless Marine is the Best!!!

Old 08-06-2003, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 407 Likes on 241 Posts
Default Drain plug

What is the drain plug above the drive/offset to port for???
Old 08-06-2003, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Drain plug

Originally posted by Helmwurst
What is the drain plug above the drive/offset to port for???
Old intercooler dump, plan on having that fixed.
Old 08-07-2003, 03:21 AM
Registered

Krumbsnatcher Looking forward to hearing it. Nothing in the world like the sound of a free breathing exhaust.

Fever Mike Thanks for the input. Sounds appealing that they got that power and would be easier to put in than tube headers.
Old 08-07-2003, 05:49 AM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Krumbsnatch, I have a question in regards to what I'm seeing in your pictures. The exhaust on your motor looks to be of a different design than Stainless Marine. Where the tailpipe connects to the manifold, it is held by 4 studs/nuts. Stainless Marine uses a clamp to secure the pipe to the manifold. Of course it could be of an older design. Just curious.
Did Stainless Marine do just the tips for you? Nice job at any rate.
I myself use Stainless Marine's Long Wet Pipe exhaust system and am very happy with the quality. Long Wet Pipes dump the water down at the end of the pipe, before the tip.
Personally, I don't think you get the scavenging effect with aluminum exhaust headers as you do with tubular headers. My application does not require that the scavenging effect be of an issue as I am supercharged.
Stainless Marine is a great company to work with as you have discovered.
May I ask what kind of boat you have?
Old 08-07-2003, 06:30 AM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Krumb,
I just checked your profile and see that you have a 1996 Magic Wizzard. If I'm not mistaken that is the former 29' Silent Storm. One of the best helm layouts in the industry. Enjoy!
Russ
Old 08-07-2003, 09:05 AM
Registered

Originally posted by RLW
Krumbsnatch, I have a question in regards to what I'm seeing in your pictures. The exhaust on your motor looks to be of a different design than Stainless Marine. Where the tailpipe connects to the manifold, it is held by 4 studs/nuts. Stainless Marine uses a clamp to secure the pipe to the manifold. Of course it could be of an older design. Just curious.
Did Stainless Marine do just the tips for you? Nice job at any rate.
I myself use Stainless Marine's Long Wet Pipe exhaust system and am very happy with the quality. Long Wet Pipes dump the water down at the end of the pipe, before the tip.
Personally, I don't think you get the scavenging effect with aluminum exhaust headers as you do with tubular headers. My application does not require that the scavenging effect be of an issue as I am supercharged.
Stainless Marine is a great company to work with as you have discovered.
May I ask what kind of boat you have?

Stainless Marine made me custom tips for my IMCO powerflow exhaust and standard Bravo Risers, my problem was that withthe old tips on the shortest side i had siz inches from the stern to the tip of the riser and had another 2 inch offset due to the older sytle setup. Stainless marine made me custom offshore style tips that are longer and one piece with the offset built in, then you secure the tip to the back with a beauty ring.

The IMCO risers do exactly the same thing they dump at the very end where the tips pick it up.

I have a 29.9 Wizzard 1996 paid for! I love this boat the hull design the way it rides on the pad everything. Now that is the first I have heard of the former 29 silent storm. What I heard it was an old Don Arranow hull and was shipped to the west coast. Do you know anyone else that has a silent storm just currious, I would like to know more about the hull design.

Thanks for you kind words, I will end it with this if it were not for OSO and the good people who just love boating like myself this project would never com close to being complete.

I am planning on firing up the momo next week.
Old 08-07-2003, 10:34 AM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

I will try to dig up some info for you on the Silent Storm Boats. Magic obtained the molds from the now defunct company. I have a test or two somewhere in my collection of periodicals.