Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Ehaust Alignment Update - Stainless Marine is the Best!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/56089-ehaust-alignment-update-stainless-marine-best.html)

Krumbsnatcher 08-03-2003 11:52 PM

Ehaust Alignment Update - Stainless Marine is the Best!!!

1 Attachment(s)
I few weeks back I posted an exhaust alignment issue i was being frustrated with here are the pics.

Basically my new motor exhaust was offset by 2" out on each tip. My old tips were too tight to use standard tips, so an OSO member recommended I use Stainless Marine.

I shot some pics took some measurements and Darly came up with an idea for custom tips, secured by beauty rings.

To make a long story short, they are awsome. I could not be more pleased by how they look and by the service I recieved at Stainless Marine.

Krumbsnatcher 08-03-2003 11:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another one.

Krumbsnatcher 08-03-2003 11:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Now the result! I know someone out there can use this experience.

Krumbsnatcher 08-03-2003 11:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Last look! Can you tell I am very satisfied.

Krumbsnatcher 08-03-2003 11:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes they have internal flaps

RollWithIt 08-06-2003 05:30 AM

Very nice job. The information is good cause I am goin to be lookin into an upgraded exhaust during the winter months. Havent been sure as to what brand to use. But I have seen good comments about Stainless Marines exhaust. Now the big question. How do they sound??????

BAD-HABIT 08-06-2003 06:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
NEVER heard a bad thing about Stainless Marine...Now I'm not saying someone hasn't had a bad set or something but I too did alot of research and I personally NEVER heard ANYTHING bad...Customer service was first rate. I had ordered a set that didint' quite fit. I called them and they stayed on the phone with me while I went out to my boat and helped me thru getting the correct measurements. They then sent me the new set free of charge next day....I picked up 2mph on a stock motor. I bought mine straight thru Stainless.....

BH

RollWithIt 08-06-2003 09:14 AM

All I know is that one of these days I will have a piece of art in my boat like you guys have for power. Love the pics.

Krumbsnatcher 08-06-2003 09:55 AM

Sound??

Originally posted by RollWithIt
Very nice job. The information is good cause I am goin to be lookin into an upgraded exhaust during the winter months. Havent been sure as to what brand to use. But I have seen good comments about Stainless Marines exhaust. Now the big question. How do they sound??????
Will let you know next weekend that is her first firing date i will record a sound bite on the trailer.

Should be nice.

Helmwurst 08-06-2003 12:18 PM

Alignment

Why did the replacement exhaust not line up? Was it the exhaust or did you change motor design?