Notices

St. Clair Results?

Old 08-06-2003, 10:37 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

I am up north you mean you aren't comming?
Old 08-06-2003, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Here is a interesting sidebar to the races.
Last week Tuesday afternoon a good friend went fishing with another person in a 19' Starcraft bowrider just off the St. Clair waterfront.

A lake freighter going downriver passed them and a 36 foot sailboat running on engine behind the freighter pulled out to pass the freighter and ran into their boat.

My friend jump into the river, they were drift fishing. The other person stayed with the boat and was pinned between the sailboat bow and his dashbord after the collision. Fortunatly the sailboat operator was able to reverse the tranny and back away.

My friend swam to the sailboat and climbed aboard. The other guy stayed with the now crumpled boat.

One of the offshore racers was out on the river setting up for race weekend. He saw the collision and powered over to assist with the rescue and I think he also towed the boat back to shore.

My friend forgot the racers boat name but I'd like to thank him for helping out with the rescue. If you're an OSO member THANK YOU ! If anyone knows who this person may be please thank him for me.

ed
Old 08-06-2003, 04:39 PM
bmech

Ryan had asked how a f2 formula races in P4. A little more info on that is: This boat is set up with a pair of 496 ho merc motors. It is set up for a new class called V2 that Scott Porter from Formula is tring to get started.I hope we can get others interested in doing this as like a factory type class. The basics are any boat 8200 to 8500 lbs 496 ho mags xr sportmaster drives. The idea is stay under 82 mph(safer in open cockpit).This was brought on by the Jack Stoerrle accident. Plus costs are a little better 11000 496 engine vs 30000 525 eng. The reason I run in P4 is no other V2 boats and its not a national class yet.

Pat
T-man P4-42

Old 08-06-2003, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

It was great to see all the familiar faces once again. And even nicer to put faces with the the names of some of you OSOers. Allan4, it was great talking with you Sunday. Thanks for the shirt. I'll add it to my collection. Although it'll be hard to keep from my boyfriend now that he knows that you're running a 24' Baja. You just gained a huge fan. Hope you make it to Grand Haven. Don't let the water scare you. If nothing else, just come for the party. As for the rest of you, congratulations on your victories and another safe race. See you all in Grand Haven.

Corey
Old 08-06-2003, 10:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts

Charlie I will relax and are glad you show up each time it makes it a lot of fun.alan the picts look great.Well need to get to sleep and get ready for Milwaukee should be 10 supercats will be a blast.Alan let me know on the video would like to see it Thanks Tom
Old 08-07-2003, 10:25 AM
Julie

Smile Rescue of fishing boat

The offshore racer that helped your friend out
is the Traffic Light Boys, Ed & Shawn Smith.
There were just glad that they could help.
You may call them if you wish.

Old 08-07-2003, 10:44 AM
Allan4

Racegirl, nice to meet you as well, thanks for the very kind words. I'd be happy to send another T-shirt your way if it saves your relationship....hahahaha....just let me know

46Tom....good luck in Milwuakee. We'll figure something out so you can see the video. I am going to splice them all together this winter, I'll get one to you or just put something together with just your boat running. No big deal.....I'll trade ya some t-shirts for it

Hats of to Traffic Light guys.....

Good luck in Milwaukee everyone, maybe we weill catch ya in Grand Haven

Allan
Attached Thumbnails St. Clair Results?-hilsinger-shirts-002.jpg  

Old 08-07-2003, 04:15 PM
Registered

Way to go Ed and Shawn from P3-29 Traffic Light! So nice to hear when racers do nice things! Thanks also to Ed for all his hard work on the race.
Old 08-07-2003, 06:58 PM
Registered

I had a little different view thanks to Mike from AeroEFX. Other than in the boat its the BEST seat in the house! Thanks Mike.
Attached Thumbnails St. Clair Results?-catcando.jpg  

Last edited by Curious G; 08-07-2003 at 07:03 PM.
Old 08-07-2003, 07:06 PM
Registered

Here's one more. Mike works very hard to put his show together. I hope everyone finds the time to watch, even if it means taping it for a later viewing.
Attached Thumbnails St. Clair Results?-greatlakescaster.jpg  

Quick Reply: St. Clair Results?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.