If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    My Boats:
    1979 Scarab 30' & 1968 Donzi 16'
    Low rent district. Far so. subs. of Chicago

Re: LOTO wave problems recognized...

I was down for the shootout a 2nd year and agree that it gets quite rough. I have a 30 footer but its old and heavy so the ride isn't as bad as the newer boats. Besides we boat on Lake Michigan and it isn't so forgiving itself. I haven't ever been in big water ;ie; the Ocean but guys that I have talked to in the past say they prefer it over lakes like these. Oh well I'll take what I can get and have fun with it, hell i got it 4 foot out of the water on the river the other day going around a 39 ray not trimmed out and digging a hole.

My Boats:
    2006 Fountain 42 EX
    Evergreen Park Il

It's not the lake's fault that people drive like they do!!! I have been going to LOTO for 10 yrs and I agree that it has gotten much WORSE over the years. I also agree that the dmg to property could be avoided/lessened if people would just be considerate of there surroundings. I also boat on lake Mich 99% of the time it's a nice change to have the "calm" conditions of LOTO as a change. It all depends on you perspective...just my .02 BZ

My Boats:
    24 Hallett, 40 Hallett

One lesson I learned growing up in boating was that "you are responsible for your wake". I always thought if I caused any damage or distress, I was at fault. Is this not a general rule? As a 12 year old I got busted big time by the Harbor Patrol in Newport Beach for making a tight turn and causing a wave. Whats the current rule/law on wakes and is it national or only regional?

Platinum Member Platinum Member Mentalpause's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Nor-Tech 340 CC

Here is where I am. Silky smooth even on the holidays, at least at the dock. 1/2 mile away is a whole different story.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Man, I have respect for you guy's- its got to be a real trick getting your boat on/off your hoist on the weekends down there.

My Boats:!/matt.conroy.90

I am on the busiest part of the lake, I don't really mind. Our docks do take a pounding so our condo assoc. were involved in enforcing the no wake on weekends through the Glaize Bridge area (sorry).When I get my boat I will keep it in a cove though and since I do live here I will do a lot of my boating during the week.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456