Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I need some help!  Did I get screwed or is this a simple case of caviot emptur? >

I need some help! Did I get screwed or is this a simple case of caviot emptur?

Notices
View Poll Results: What do I do about this unfortunate circumstance?
Suck it up, caviat empture, let the buyer beware?
64.29%
Ask for his monetary participation because he mis-represented the boat when specifically asked?
7.14%
If he is unwilling to help, drop it and move on?
26.53%
If he is unwilling to help take him to small claims court depending on the cost?
2.04%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

I need some help! Did I get screwed or is this a simple case of caviot emptur?

Old 08-05-2003, 12:20 AM
Mr. Demeanor

I'd have that glass guy look over the rest real close.

Old 08-05-2003, 04:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

I think it is too late. Have a good look at the bottom while it is at the glass shop. Good luck!
Old 08-05-2003, 07:25 AM
OG Outlaw 24

I would get the boat fixed and invite him down. When he get's there explain that he needs to pay for it ALL. If he disagrees UNLOAD ON HIS ASS. Keep on firing on him until he agrees or until you or an accomplice are able to run his pockets.

DISCLAIMER: This is just exactly what I would do and I am not responsible for other peoples actions

OG

Old 08-05-2003, 07:26 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally posted by Troutly
Shane....are the guys initials who sold you the boat S S ... ?

Old 08-05-2003, 07:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by d-hlaw
Alright, here it is from a lawyer.......it wont be worth the aggravation or $$. Caveat emptor (the correct spelling) is somewhat controlling here but if you asked and he lied then you may have a legit cause. Truth is it will be better on your state of mind and your wallet to just let it ride.
Hi,,nothing to add to this question here.. but seen you was from NSB area You ever dine at the Clancy's Resturant there ?
Old 08-05-2003, 07:36 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shane

Just move-on
Old 08-05-2003, 07:44 AM
Registered

Default Re: Re: I need some help! Did I get screwed or is this a simple case of caviot emptur?

Originally posted by hi-perf-2000
when and what did you ask him that he lied to you?? i'm not understanding the lying part.

either way....i dont think it's worth it to press the issue
I think I stated in my original post but maybe not. WhenI went to buy the boat, my friend Kris and I asked him several times if the boat was ever damaged and repaired. He said no, not ever. Then IRONICALLY he calls me yesterday out of the clear blue to see if I am going to be around this weekend as he will be in Lake George and wanted to get together. We chatted and he asked how the boat was. I told him about the weekend and he said that they had to fix the port sponson when he owned it. So the deal is that when I originally met him he said it had never been repaired, but yesterday he said it had. He seemed like a real honest guy and I had no reason to doubt him. I just wish he would have been forthright from the beginning and I would have been fully aware of what I was getting that is all.
Old 08-05-2003, 07:48 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Troutly
Shane....are the guys initials who sold you the boat S S ... ?
No, but that is sure funny as hell. I think the guy I bought it from has far more scruples than that. I still cannot think that the guy I bought it from is that type of guy. Although I only met him that day, I really trusted him. He called several times to see how it was running and I called him several times with questions. There is something in my gut telling me that this was melicious on his part. However, it is very upsetting that I specifically asked and was told it was never repaired. From everything I have been told about the gentleman looking at it this morning and from spending an hour with him last night, he seems extremely thorough and knowledgable, but then again, what the hell do I know about fiberglass?
Old 08-05-2003, 07:49 AM
Registered

T2x,

Can you PM me or call me with your buddies info? Also, Kristen and I really would like to speak with and see Doreen this week as we have more information on Zoe and I really would like her professional opinion. That pup is my baby and I want to see her healthy soon!
Old 08-05-2003, 07:52 AM
Registered

Originally posted by R Addiction
Hey Yo! Shane, you needs me to send up some friends I got in Saratoga Springs? I gots to get them out of the track dough, so it may take a while. Dees guys specialize in fitting dem concrete shoes. You need 'em you gimme a call!!
Not fur dis guy, but if dey wants to make a trip to Missouri (sp?), or Kansas, or California or where ever the other clown is, den weez can talk. I will even gets dem clubhouse seat at da track to.

Quick Reply: I need some help! Did I get screwed or is this a simple case of caviot emptur?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.