Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
One Time Entry Fee for SBI is Official >

One Time Entry Fee for SBI is Official

Notices

One Time Entry Fee for SBI is Official

Old 08-06-2003, 07:07 PM
S18 offshore

Thumbs up

I am not a fan of either oraganization my passion is racing. There is no perfect organization out there but SBI does have the race sites and now they are enforcing the rules. Just for the record I was the one torn down after the race in North Carolina and they thoroughly checked my boat. S-18 Berry Cuda.

Old 08-06-2003, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wait, you wanna hear something even better? A buddy of mine is in a restaurant in St. Petersburg, Florida last night (Pepans???) and swears he saw Carbonell, Reggie, Allweiss and Miklos having dinner together!!!! Someone has to know sumthing
This is true....
Old 08-07-2003, 07:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: One Time Entry Fee for SBI is Official

Originally posted by bryanh
P Class 50.00 membership, 150.00 equipment
National is 100 membership and 50 percent of the equipment fee for your class.
Pretty cheap. Sounds desperate. my 0.02
Old 08-07-2003, 07:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Pepins...LOL...I live like 5 minutes from there.
Old 08-07-2003, 09:22 AM
Registered

SBI SENT ME A CHECK FOR LAST YEARS WINNINGS IN NEW YORK & WASHINGTON LAST YEAR,MAYBE SOMETHINGS IN THE AIR.....
Old 08-07-2003, 09:37 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

I got my check too. I hope this is the start of a better SBI, I would love to race with them again because the racers are good people
Old 08-07-2003, 02:58 PM
Registered

I think that if APBA brought back and supported stock classes and made them fair, you'd see the some of the stock boats go to APBA and a few new boats race. Let the pro stock boats race against the SCL's to keep the field even.
Old 08-07-2003, 03:14 PM
deepvcatss12

race dad
what makes you think stock would go back to the LLC after being burnt buy them ? One could say the same about the LLC not paying its bills over &over. But this thread is not about the past its about the future of offshore lets move ahead
what boat did or do you race?
what class?
whats your name?
Lee Austin
Deep V Cats S12

Old 08-07-2003, 07:25 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally posted by bryanh
All in good fun, I sent your partner a box of parts this morning to start making up for the loan on Sunday! Thanks for the loan, Bryan Haupt Berry Cuda Offshore, Hey do you think any of these APBA guy's will come race with us now that SBI is inspecting boats and enforcing the rules for all classes?
Bryan,
I think they will. Changes have been made. Rules are being enforced. Boat counts will be raising at our excellent sites all year. I'm not qualified to comment on the issue of the LLC bosses punishing people who cross over. But that's the only reason I can see they would not.
Have you put your motor back together? You got taken apart. That inspector looked like he was on a mission.
SQ
Orders for 08' DVC hulls now being taken.
Old 08-07-2003, 09:03 PM
S18 offshore

I agree I don't care about the past but it is time for all of us who have the passion to look forward to the future of the sport of offshore racing! Who knows where this thing will end up. I am already hearing strong rumors from too many people that one day we may be one. If this happens or if it doesn't happen, if you have a passion for the sport, then race for the sport, know matter who is running the organization. Last I checked it wasn't about them, it is about those of us who care and have the competitive edge deep down in side to race offshore power boats! Would you really let someone keep you from doing what you love most? Or would you let someone keep you from spending time with the friends that you have made at the race sites? Don't forget the 1000's of fans who follow the sport all around the country! Put the past behind us and let's go racing?

Quick Reply: One Time Entry Fee for SBI is Official

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.