Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Why is a Cigarette better than a Fountain? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/56373-why-cigarette-better-than-fountain.html)

Madcow 08-07-2003 07:55 AM

Like I said, don't take it personaly. I'm not saying anyone here is. It was just a personl observation. You know I'm better than you cause I have a Fountain, and your boat is inferior.

BajaRunner 08-07-2003 07:57 AM

I own a Baja, and comsider myself an a$$hole. :D

ScottB 08-07-2003 07:58 AM

I don't know about Fountain guys, but watch out, those Pontoon guys are a very pretentious bunch

Brad 08-07-2003 08:01 AM

Heres my perspective and I have owned both.
Fountains are generally faster on calm water and have a lower freeboard. Fountain does a job job on building the hull. but where I fell Fountains fall short of Cig is in the rigging. For rough water capability the Cig is far superior. Fly boats boats of a 6 foot wave and you will fill and hear the difference. During the 2001 APBA F2 season it was a great competition for the two manufactures. When the water were calmer the Fountain would win and when the water got snotty Tres and Todd would get the top position in their Cig!

One concern I have heard from several Fountain owners is support from the factory. When I bought my 2001 Playboy it had to go back to the factory for some fine tuning, Neil H. did a good job of fixing everything and work hard to make me a satisfied customer. Their is a member on OSO "Full Throttle 42" who had a lot of problems getting his boat set up correctly. I think he ended up taking the boat to Lake X to get fixed.

jb 08-07-2003 08:28 AM

2 different boats

ScottB 08-07-2003 08:30 AM

2 different boats
Excellent observation:crazy: :D

JS232 08-07-2003 08:55 AM

I do love Fountains... Those are great boats...

But gentlemen.... My friend GLH as a 35' Cafe racer and it's a damn rock solid boat. You feel it at the moment you step on board. I would go in a hurricane with that boat ! You wanna go fast : Go fountain You wanna break big water : Go cig's. You wanna do both : Go cig and spend your ass on monster engines. Point

Now you guys are gonna trow some rocks at me :

I would compare a Fountain ++ to a Baja --

And a Cig to Appache.

:-) ;-)

GLH : Where is your 2 cents here ? Profites-en, I wont trow flowers to you all the time... ;-) You cig owner!

BLee 08-07-2003 09:16 AM

Originally posted by MR.CIG
Cigarette won most of their races when offshore racing was offshore. Now it's closed circuit river racing.
Bring on the rough stuff!!!!!

Exactly. None of the boat we drive should be on these damn "tracks." It's like taking "Funny Cide" and making him run a closed course barrel race. The reason for boats spinning out and rolling over is that they aren't built to "barrel race" like a rodeo. It's not steps or any other "cop out" excuse like that.

The race should be point A to point B, wide ass open, like it used to be. ;) :)

THRILLSEEKER 08-07-2003 09:32 AM

The race should be point A to point B, wide ass open, like it used to be.

OH, you mean a poker run:D

BLee 08-07-2003 09:43 AM

Originally posted by THRILLSEEKER
OH, you mean a poker run:D
LOL. Yeah. :D

Thats about the only flat out racing these days. ;)