Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Shooters @ LOTO Shootout weekend? >

Shooters @ LOTO Shootout weekend?

Notices

Shooters @ LOTO Shootout weekend?

Old 08-06-2003, 11:44 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Shooters @ LOTO Shootout weekend?

Thought I'd throw a few things out for discussion prior to the Shootout.

Saturday night at Shooter's the weekend of the Shootout is usually the place to be for most of the race hardware.

It seems to me that spending time at this place is getting to be more and more a PITA than an enjoying evening.

Any chance of them changing their dock policies? Any chance of them changing the way they treat people? Seems to me that once a person pays and gets a stamp there should be no reason to be hassled by employees to see ID again and again throughout the night. This last Memorial Day weekend just about did them in for me.

It's to the point that I don't even care to go there if I can help it. But I love to see all the eye candy and hardware there is to see. Not to mention spending time with some of the members here.

Anyone else have any feelings bout this?

Buck
Old 08-07-2003, 08:01 AM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last year a lot of us went to the Salty Dog on Saturday night.
Old 08-07-2003, 08:49 AM
Registered

I get amazed any more that anybody would park a 200-300thousand dollar boat at their docks. Some of the places on the lake have top notch facilities, and I would much rather spend my dollar at say, Horny Toad, and not have to worry about falling through the docks when I am walking on them or steel rods coming off and tearing up the boat. Hopefully there will be changes in the location of the future shootouts, or major renovations at shooters.

My 2cents worth
Old 08-07-2003, 09:14 AM
KiloKat
VIP Member

I agree with Lonestar38zx's comments. The facilities at Horny Toad are first class and there is plenty of room for the ShootOut event there also.
Old 08-07-2003, 09:23 AM
Registered

heck yes, and locate the course from the 12 to the 14 mile markers!!! That may dissapoint JBK though. Probably not going to happen.

I think that with or without the shootout, Shooters needs to make a capital investment into their business.
Old 08-07-2003, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

whoa....whoaa.....i don't want to give up my VIP balcony view!!! i think the shootout is just fine. instead of moving it, i say we round up some investors and pump some money back into Shooter's ie: large break wall, new docks, put in a nice restaurant comparable to dorsey's or BWJ's, turn the VIP lounge into a strip club, redo the AC in the entire place, promote the outside tiki bar theme around the pool. the pool as it sits is a waste. get rid of the karokee bar and turn it into a cigar bar area. each weekend there should be different up and coming bands playing on the deck in front of the docks.

any other ideas?

jbk
Old 08-07-2003, 10:32 AM
Registered

I heard it is for sale. Something like 5M. No way is it worth it. It needs a couple mill in renovations.

The restaurant would make a good Hooter's!!
Old 08-07-2003, 10:41 AM
VIP Member

If it's listed at 5 mil then you could probably own it for around 3.5 mil.

It's a little different when you're dealing with commercial property/ businesses.
Old 08-07-2003, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was there once this year and will not go back, food sucked, docks are horrible our waitress was good though. Too many great places on the lake.
Old 08-07-2003, 12:24 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally posted by Von Bongo
I was there once this year and will not go back, food sucked, docks are horrible our waitress was good though. Too many great places on the lake.

I agree, I might go during the day to look at the hardware, but not at night with the idiots. I have too much paint on my boat to worry about.

Quick Reply: Shooters @ LOTO Shootout weekend?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.