Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Key West Hotels (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/56422-key-west-hotels.html)

mr_velocity 08-08-2003 08:09 AM

What's the budget? Best place in Key West is the Southern Most House right next to the southermost bouy. It's owned by Seward Johnson (Johnson & Johnson) and is available. It's waterfront with a dock, huge pool, 4 bedrooms, 4 pullouts. Cost is about $1000/day. Truely an amazing place.

Tim G. 08-08-2003 09:02 AM

$1000 a day???
Man, my boat costs me $600/mo.
We could get half of the Ramada for $1000!

ScottB 08-08-2003 09:05 AM

Tim, It has eight beds and can probably accomodate 10-12 people compfortably. Thats less than $100 buck a person per day for a really Sweet place

airship 08-08-2003 10:28 AM

You might want to consider Sunrise Suites they are near the Hyatt at MM4 on Key West. They are new (2001) 2 bed 2 bath with a full kitchen. With the kids depending on there age the shuttle that stops by throughout the day are a big plus. Also, if the kids blade or board make sure they bring thier gear, although no boarding is allowed on Duval elsewhere it's ok. Additionally, there is a skate park on the island that my boys like. I should mention I own one of these units and if anyone from OSO is interested in the whole week just let me know and I can book it for you and save you the 10% booking commission for my unit. I actually don't know what they rent for for this week but I could find out if you or others are interested. I can assure you of on thing, all of the units are extreamly nice. I have a condo in the Truman Annex as well and it is not nearly as large or as nice but is a shrot stagger home.http://www.sunrisekeywest.com/key-west/condominium.htm

mr_velocity 08-08-2003 11:28 AM

Originally posted by ScottB
Tim, It has eight beds and can probably accomodate 10-12 people compfortably. Thats less than $100 buck a person per day for a really Sweet place
Here is a link to a realtor, but I have the number direct to the owners, can probably be had cheaper.

Southernmost

fantastixvoyage 08-08-2003 11:31 AM

airship -

Please send me the info and prices. How do you usually get there - Detroit or Flint airport? I have just started looking into this trip and any travel tips out of MI would be appreciated.

FountainCS 08-08-2003 12:19 PM

Hey pair-a-dice. Depends on what you are looking for. The Holiday Inn Beachside is a couple miles from the action, which can be good and bad. They have their own beach, nice pool, lots of room for the kids. We stayed at the La Concha (Holiday Inn) right on Duval last year. Very noisy at night since we were on the street side. Nothing a night out in Key West can't fix though, slept like a baby.

Also, as far as flying, Delta now offers Jet service into Key West from Orlando and Atlanta. It's about a 24 person Jet but only takes and hour from Orlando. Good luck.

Shawn

CAP071 08-08-2003 02:23 PM

HEY TIM G where at from Philly ?
So are you gonna Hook a Philly guy up with a boat ride ? I'll have to look you up when I'm down there Or you can look for me I'll be lying down face first on the floor in FAT TUESDAY'S

Tim G. 08-08-2003 02:28 PM

Capo-
We moved to lovely south Florida from Southampton/Willow Grove. My parents live in Malvern. We did our boating on the upper Chesapeake Bay.
Boat ride??? Sure. We usually spectate by boat.
I just need to find a hotel near or at a ramp.

airship 08-08-2003 03:29 PM

Fantistixvoyage,
I will give them a ring and hopefully get something put together by the first of next week. I usually go to KW once a month so I have the commute down. All things being equal I prefer Metro if the price is the same which it usually isn't. Right now your looking at 339.00 vs 259.00 out of Toledo. Toledo is very easy to fly out of, the airport is small the staff are efficient and friendly. The terminal is clean and the site parking is reasonable . Of course Metro is the opposite of TOL. The two drawbacks to Toledo is location, once you hit I-75 and the state line you have a solid 25 to 30 min drive left. I found this out the hard way my first time down there. When they say your flight leaves at 6:00AM they mean a 5:59 you are on the runway and taking off. The other drawback is you will probably go to Toledo - Chicago- Miami- Key West plan the better part of a day. If at all possible limit or avoid Miami, the American Eagle basement terminal is terrible. No food, bad AC and one lonely ice cream dispenser in the corner. Your flight will be delayed, but once you get to KW its as they say all good. Basically I like Toledo, hate Miami, tolerate Chicago and love KW. Its not that bad of a day and a heck of a lot better than driving.