Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Jaguar Cats..... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/56433-jaguar-cats.html)

Steve 1 08-07-2003 09:17 PM

Straight From the Horses Mouth: First of all this is the first time ever a Boat of this size with a projected speed of 130+was done ;And there Also were Many Changes which interrupted Construction …… This was referred to as “Design on the fly” There were never any Complete Hard Plans to this Project...

The Changes Cost Money and continually Interrupted the project. They started with the steps and removable inserts...Too change the step location...

Next the Repair of the Mold (foam mold supplied) when chunks of the Foam that the Mold was constructed of Came apart and off the mold...

Then: after the hull was Gel coated and laminated someone decided the Need to put Rocker Panels in the Bottom... Which called for the necessary deductions and the pieces made finished waxed and attached. And Laminated...

Then the supplied Deck Mold it was 4” That’s Right Four inches too wide for the Boat !!! That required a lot of rework!! That also involved Time...

You said Windows in the thing were upside down and had to be changed again, more time Your mold!!

You said The rear door was the wrong size and had to be inserted again...Time your Mold

When the Boat was pulled from the Mold the Rocker inserts had to be cut out and finished. Time.

So understand I see the 25% cost increase.

NOW THE WEIGHT The Project Engineer had a target weight of BETWEEN 10,000 and 12,000 Pounds. In order to reach the projected Speed of 130 MPH.

I also know that Jaguar would stand behind anything they build and NO ONE ever contacted them to make them aware of these problems..

For the Transom IF it was properly supported thru an engineered Bracing system you would never have had a problem.

You would have never had complications with this project but so many changes from the Very start LIKE: Engines, Transmissions, Drives, Stringers, Bulkheads and Excreta.

It was a Prototype project and should be reviewed as such.

. Jack and Jaguar had nothing to do with the Changes “Design on the fly” No Complete plans from the start I do not think any boat this size has ran this speed...

The Lamination system: Epoxy and S-Glass were discussed with the project Engineer at the time, but he said due to the budgetary constraints A Dow Vinyl Ester E-Glass Kevlar Laminate was used.

NOW at the time of the power changes and the Rocker panels were added the Engineer was now off the project...

Now my $.02 Jack has many Friends over the past 20 years I am but one… YOU should really think before any SLANDER that has the potential to hurt anyone’s livelihood .. Steve Koss

I think all things considered we should move on...

Steve 1 08-07-2003 09:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here you go

xtremecatman 08-07-2003 09:32 PM

EXACTLY, WHOEVER BUILT THE ORIGINALS WAS NOT QUALIFIED

"QUOTE":Jaguar i.e. Jack Clark built a boat for a project I was involved in. The project yielded a boat over budget (25%) and overweight (20%). I retained High Modulus (NZ) to do a structural analysis of the boat. The results were criminal. Multiple core samples were taken and the results indicated inordinate amounts of putty, extremely excessive resin percentages and improper laminates schedules (i.e. no strucural basis). No surprise the boat was so over it's design weight. Significant remedial structural work had to be done. Couldn't do anything about the 2000lbs that wasn't supposed to be there.
They should be building hot tubs."QUOTE

TACHYON - Exactly what was said, Jack was so pissed he fired the original glass guys and then got experienced people to build the best boat ever and they were liter and stronger. He was very embarrased by the original.

Steve 1 08-07-2003 09:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Extreme I know who you are Scumbag..

Steve 1 08-07-2003 09:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I smell War!!!!!!!

Steve 1 08-07-2003 09:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
you should not play with fire

xtremecatman 08-07-2003 09:41 PM

Steve1, are you saying this is your work?

"QUOTE": over budget (25%) and overweight (20%). I retained High Modulus (NZ) to do a structural analysis of the boat. The results were criminal."QUOTE"

QUOTE": Significant remedial structural work had to be done. Couldn't do anything about the 2000lbs that wasn't supposed to be there.
They should be building hot tubs."QUOTE

Simple and right to the facts.

Steve 1 08-07-2003 09:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Now That is real funny *** !! By the way ****thead I pointed it out to Jack..

Steve 1 08-07-2003 09:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Opps Bull**** alert !

Steve 1 08-07-2003 09:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
More.