Notices

To Whom It May Concern

Old 08-09-2003, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i want to know who picked up dinner? I would of if I could of got them to sit down!!! Hope some good comes out of it,the sport needs it!!!!!!! good luck in bama, i'm booked,but would drag the gtx down in a heartbeat if i could. i'd be divorced and mothersless. good luck!!!!!!!!
Old 08-09-2003, 09:17 PM
Registered

What "offshore" needs is more people who care less about politics and more about promoting offshore racing, poker runs, and the activities that surround "offshore". I serve on the Board of Directors for the Suncoast Offshore Racing Association which, along with others, promotes, organizes, and holds the Suncoast Offshore Grand Prix, which just completed it's 19th year. I am also heavily involved with the new Sarasota Offshore Showdown, which will happen on August 23rd and 24th. "Politics" prevented S.O.R.A. from taking an "official" active role in the Sarasota Offshore Offshore Showdown, which in my mind is ludicrous, due to the fact that S.O.R.A. is, and was founded as a race club that is supposed to promote offshore racing, irregardless of who sanctions it, or who the races may benefit. Unfortunately, some of the "old guard" don't see it that way. Again, "politics". I am going to help out any/all offshore races that I can, and I really don't care who doesn't like it. Too many people need to outgrow their egos.
Old 08-10-2003, 01:13 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well said guys. I remember back in the 80's before the split the only two bodies for offshore were APBA & UIM.
Racers from all over the world came here to battle it out in Key West. That was great to see all of the boats start back then.
Old 08-10-2003, 03:56 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Well,If i have too large a drink bill Gary Nichols will bail me out cause he is one of the owners of Live Bait Restaurant. I expect a large party for the future of the sport,everyone come to Orange Beach,Al.
Old 08-11-2003, 11:39 AM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Thanks Mike A for your honesty. What a shame that thinks went sour. If I didn't trust Gary for what he is trying to do we would be in Sarasota. I cannot understand why JC doesn't want to at least talk about things, but I am on the outside and am not privy to both sides. On the surface it seems you and Reggie want to move forward and JC is not interested, am I miising something here?
Old 08-11-2003, 12:28 PM
Banned

Mike, thanks for letting us hear it from a source that was involved. It's great to see you and Reggie working toward mending the fences and doing what is best for this great sport. As for JC, what is his agenda? If he loses Reggie's support, SBI will be deader than a flat cat. What is the cause of JC's bitterness? Good luck with Sarasota, we will be there, and we are really looking forward to St Pete. The Gandy course will be fantastic for the fans.
Old 08-11-2003, 10:21 PM
Registered

mike a . im not one of you supporters, but you have jest showed that you are willing to talk . i hope you and reggie can make a minds , on your differencs your race in at reggies was great the show. it was out of this world we look forward to seeing you agin at fountain . robbie rogers
Old 08-12-2003, 07:17 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks again Mike for being forthright, as always. It's refreshing to see these two(and their respective entities) coming together to at least entertain the possibility of a new beginning. The future is looking brighter.

Can't wait for Sarasota!!
Old 08-12-2003, 07:30 AM
Registered

Mike A.

I would like to take this opportunity to commend you on your efforts. Although I have not been a racing member of APBA/APBA Offshore for a few years I have kept a quasi close eye on things. First, you have a business to run and make a profit, and no one can take away your determination to make it work. That is the job you are charged with doing and I respect your grit and tenacity. As time has passed many comments, accusations, and criticisms have been thrown at you, around you, and simply "on the table". Some based in fact, some based on conjecture, some based on absolutely nothing. None of us, if not, very few of us, have "ALL THE FACTS" so all we can base our position and thinking on is what we observe or choose to believe of what others say. This is obviously very dangerous but nonetheless reality. Your recent attempts to "come together" with Bubba and Reggie for the good of the sport as a whole is admirable. I am sorry that the end result was not as you, (or all of us for that matter) would have hoped. I hope that the lines of communication are left open, and that maybe sometime down the line both parties can align forces and take offshore racing to the next level.

Best wishes for much continued success and safe racing.

Shane Mahieu
Old 08-14-2003, 09:10 AM
powerboat princess

Default Meeting of the minds

Hey guys remember - those are two sides to EVERY story. You are only hearing one side! Morethan what has been explained went on at that table!

Quick Reply: To Whom It May Concern

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.