Notices

To Whom It May Concern

Old 08-14-2003, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Meeting of the minds

Originally posted by powerboat princess
Hey guys remember - those are two sides to EVERY story. You are only hearing one side! Morethan what has been explained went on at that table!
Okaaaayyyyyy....then elaborate.
Old 08-14-2003, 11:04 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Anything to accomplish what "All the King's horses, and all the King's men" haven't been able to do is great in my book. ( What the heck did the horses have to do with it anyway?) I applaud any effort to create one sanctioning body for not only Offshore, but all boat racing in total. This reduces overhead, creates economies of scale and critical mass, while providing credibility and less turmoil on potential sponsor's tables.

That having been said, the true test is are these guys up to the task? John's behaviour, Steve's buying dinner, etc mean very little after years of finger pointing, disappointment, bankruptcies, and accusations of financial and political malfeasance.

If both sides are going to get anywhere, the "My way or the Highway" attitude has to stop. I'm sadly doubtful that either the timing or the participants are in place to actually make this happen........ But, I have been mistaken before ( Just ask Steve David!)...........

Good luck to Mssr's Fountain, Allweiss, and Carbonell. Here's your collective chance to prove me wrong.

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 08-14-2003 at 11:10 AM.
Old 08-14-2003, 11:08 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

One more thing... I applaud both Mr. Nichols, and Mr. "Float" 's efforts in this regard. But why does Gary call himself "Powerboat Princess"???

T2x
Old 08-14-2003, 11:29 AM
Registered

Okay, I am confused. Not hard to do, but confused none the less. How come on the main main page under "Thread Starter" it says "robin". But the thread begins with a post by powerboat princess?
Old 08-14-2003, 11:49 AM
Registered

name change??
Old 08-14-2003, 12:48 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Robin is the secretary of Gary's Gulfcoast Powerboat Association and just changed her screen name. I am not involved other than for my love of the sport but I believe Gary Nichols is the only guy that can get everyone together. Wish I could be in Sarasota and Orange Beach but since I can't be 2 places at once We will be at Orange Beach. My original offer stands, drinks on me for OSO members at Live Bait Bar
Old 08-14-2003, 01:08 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally posted by Magicfloat
Robin is the secretary of Gary's Gulfcoast Powerboat Association and just changed her screen name. I am not involved other than for my love of the sport but I believe Gary Nichols is the only guy that can get everyone together. Wish I could be in Sarasota and Orange Beach but since I can't be 2 places at once We will be at Orange Beach. My original offer stands, drinks on me for OSO members at Live Bait Bar
Hey Magic:

Good luck my friend........ I hope the race is a tremendous success.

The "Wing" has been gutted....... Pictures will follow in a few days........

T2x
Old 08-14-2003, 01:52 PM
Registered

It seems to me in the end the Racers have the real power. What if apba or sbi staged a race and nobody came? If somebody would step up to lead the charge maybe things could change. I know this was tried before, but to many egos were in the way.
Of course I am most likely wrong but it could be possible given the right leadership
Old 08-14-2003, 02:02 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally posted by mmwalters
It seems to me in the end the Racers have the real power. What if apba or sbi staged a race and nobody came? If somebody would step up to lead the charge maybe things could change.
MM:

The problem with your approach, as I see it, is:

True leadership means providing a vision that moves toward a goal, not away.

T2x
Old 08-14-2003, 03:03 PM
powerboat princess

Default sorry for the confusion

Originally posted by Shane
Okay, I am confused. Not hard to do, but confused none the less. How come on the main main page under "Thread Starter" it says "robin". But the thread begins with a post by powerboat princess?
I am the powerboat princess- not Gary. I just work for him and hes asked me to type the letter for him.

Quick Reply: To Whom It May Concern

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.