Notices

To Whom It May Concern

Old 08-14-2003, 04:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SOOOOOO Robin,
It sounds like one side was accommodating and ready to deal and one side was "Grumpy Old Men". I'm not really pleased with either side. But I'm curious to know if that is accurate.

Steve Quick
Orders for 08' DVC hulls now being taken.
Old 08-14-2003, 08:21 PM
Registered

T2X I have not had a revelation or any great vision. I just keep hearing the same thing over and over. I don't even know if that is what the RACERS want. But if they did, what would happen if they could get together and pick say 5 apba and 5 sbi races in one season to race? I do feel the people with the money can influence what happens, if that is what they would want to do.
This is just my opinion I certainly could be wrong
Old 08-15-2003, 05:49 AM
powerboat princess

Originally posted by stevequick
SOOOOOO Robin,
It sounds like one side was accommodating and ready to deal and one side was "Grumpy Old Men". I'm not really pleased with either side. But I'm curious to know if that is accurate.

Steve Quick
I think it might be a case of of one side offered something extremely ridicalous and the other side did not see fit to respond. No one was grumpy.

Old 08-15-2003, 06:23 AM
BDFREE

IN my eyes at least Mike took the time to read
O.S.O. and and post on it. He has also responded
to posts in the past. How come we never hear from
John? I can not belive he does not read O.S.O.,when
it has such a big forum. Every story has two sides
but it seems one one side is willing to talk. Just my
opinion.

Old 08-15-2003, 07:39 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by mmwalters
T2X I have not had a revelation or any great vision. I just keep hearing the same thing over and over. I don't even know if that is what the RACERS want. But if they did, what would happen if they could get together and pick say 5 apba and 5 sbi races in one season to race? I do feel the people with the money can influence what happens, if that is what they would want to do.
This is just my opinion I certainly could be wrong
Now you are advancing a vision....... That is basically what SCORE attempted two years ago...and OPA is supporting now. THe problem with "the people with the money" is that each one wants something different and can't agree on prop selection, much less race rules.

Unfortunately, until real leadership is demonstrated, the current sponsor dominated, finger pointing, over hyped, multi class mess will continue unabated....

T2x
Old 08-15-2003, 10:34 AM
Registered

T2X I do remember the1980s with the 4 engine monster boats and the revolt led by Al Copeland Don Johnson and friends and each wanted what benefited them the most. I think that what helped lead to this mess,
Old 08-15-2003, 10:37 AM
powerboat princess

Originally posted by BDFREE

IN my eyes at least Mike took the time to read
O.S.O. and and post on it. He has also responded
to posts in the past. How come we never hear from
John? I can not belive he does not read O.S.O.,when
it has such a big forum. Every story has two sides
but it seems one one side is willing to talk. Just my
opinion.
Some people just don't use the internet to communicate. I know he is aware of the talk here but he is traveling and may not have access at the moment

Old 08-15-2003, 11:15 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by mmwalters
T2X I do remember the1980s with the 4 engine monster boats and the revolt led by Al Copeland Don Johnson and friends and each wanted what benefited them the most. I think that what helped lead to this mess,
Bingo! .......... And that opened the door for any racer who get's beaten in his class , or who doesn't like the promoter's face, to take his ball and go someplace else. The result is multiple sanctioning bodies and enough classes so that everybody gets a trophy. Today, a "National/World Championship" is about as meaningless as last week's losing lottery ticket.

T2x