If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Boats:
    was a 89" Formula 311-SR1
    In the Mountains
    27mmlotto, a buddy of mine way back when, with his 85 V-Max, jetted it to the max (no pun intended), put a Kerker 4/1 pipe on it, changed the cams and it idled like a 67 427/435 Vette. Sweetest idling bike I ever heard. I think that 85 was the best year for Mr. Max.

My Boats:
    24 OUTLAW
    Bucyrus, Ohio
    You will see a couple of these when you go to Chillicothe to the biker rodeo with us this year!

Thats not the only thing you will see that is cool!

I like the shaft for its lack of maintenance requirements and its quiet operation. Riding with a chain bike is annoying after doing away with them. The belts are quiet and lube free so they have somme attraction. If I was racing it the performance gains would be worth the work but it is a street cruiser.
    I have thought about a pipe, cam, carb change but it is still original and it is getting to the classic status so I have mixed emotions about changing anything.

Originally posted by TEAMBAJA
    You will see a couple of these when you go to Chillicothe to the biker rodeo with us this year!

Thats not the only thing you will see that is cool!

Owned mine for a year (7300 miles). I bought it because I couldn't live with the performance of the air-cooled motors, however; I wanted to buy something where most of my money stayed in the U.S.A. I still love the looks and performance after a year.

My Boats:
    47 Special Edition 600 SCI's
    Great Lakes

We went to Southeast Harley in early July to check out the bike in person before buying on Ebay. Southeast had new V-rods for $17,000-$18,000 and they were ready to deal down from that. They had 4 on the display floor. I went with my Ebay purchase because it had a lot of extras including the paint for the same money. If you are looking, we saw a lot of V-rods on Ebay with a lot of extra chrome that you won't find on the stock bike at the dealership. We thought it a better deal to buy the used with the extras, but then we've never bought anything new in our lives.

Yeah, you saw my bike at Kelley's a couple weeks ago. It's my boat substitute this summer.
    47 Lightning SE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12