Notices

What to do in St Pete?

Old 08-11-2003, 07:50 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by kitten
John's Pass is fun, restaurants, shops, fishing charters, Eat at Gator's

The Hurricane Restaurant, St Pete Beach, (Pass-A-Grill Beach) has the best Sunsets on the top floor. They post the time the Sun will be setting, today's sunset 8:06.

Have fun.
I must disagree with eating at Gators, I've never gotten anything there that resembled edible food. Drinks and the view are great.

The Hurricane has much better food, and the view is fantastic! At sundown, an alarm goes off so people know when it is. We've had big fun there before.
Old 08-11-2003, 07:54 PM
Banned

Default Re: St Pete

Originally posted by Johno

On St Pete Beach is a nice little local Restaurant on the ICW called Bridgeview(Opp Leverocks on Corey Ave.)
I knew mister johno would have to name Bridgeview, he can't get on the boat without having to go there to eat! It's also Debbie's favorite. You may also want to go to the Warf on Pass a Grille, a very casual restaurant on the water. The Pub Restaurant on Indian Rocks usually has a few performance boats there on the weekends. Great docking there.
Old 08-11-2003, 07:56 PM
Banned

Shepards on Clearwater Beach is always jumping on the weekends.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:59 AM
Registered

Thanks for the help. I tried to get on line last night to ask some more questions but long story short and I could not get logged on. Anyone, where could I rent a boat for a day and where to go?
Old 08-12-2003, 01:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You could rent a boat at Tierra Verde Marina for the day. They have deck boats and Center Console type boats; about 250 a day.

Shell Key is right around the corner and is always happening...(sometimes good, mostly a pain in the azz)

Eggmont is great and is only a short cruise away.

Ft. Desoto is also close and easily accessible.

I'd show you around, but I wish I had more time this week. I'll be lucky if I get Sunday off. Hugetime1 is also going to be in from out of town. Maybe we should get something going on on Sunday....Any of you local folks up for it?
Old 08-12-2003, 01:13 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Tracy & I have stayed at the Vinoy. Now THAT is a really nice place!! Tracy didn't want to leave the hotel!!
Old 08-12-2003, 01:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

You got that right, Todd. The Vinoy and the surrounding downtown area is absolutely beautiful. Even if you're not staying there, it's definately worth checking out...They have scheduled tours twice a day.
Old 08-19-2003, 12:59 PM
Registered

Got back from St Pete last night and enjoyed the trip. Thank you to every one who gave me suggestions on what to do, we did just about all of them. The one thing I was very supprised about is you can take your 8 month old inside any bar you want and they don't mind, that does not fly out here in California.

I have one complaint though, noticed that many of the boats on hoists in front of residences do not cover their boat other than the cockpit? Some people do not cover their boat at all. There is a 28 foot skater with twin outboards that you can see from the Pinellas Bayway that is at the west end of the bridge. If this boat belongs to an OSO member I think you should appoligize for the treatment of your boat or stick to running the Sea Ray that was beside it. I tried to find the guys house and see if he would donate the boat to charity (he obviuosly didn't care about it) but could not find the house from land. The boat looks fairly new by the paint job and the outboards but needs a new interior because it was not covered at all, made me upset every time I went across the bridge, the thing is thrashed!

Everyone we met was friendly other than some lady where I went to rent a boat so I went elsewhere. The beaches are great, the Tradewinds was fun, John's pass was a lot of fun on Saturday night and I even enjoyed the Dali museum (thanks Catmando) that I never thought in a million years would be interesting.

Wish I could have met up with you while there Baja, I'm sure you would have known the best place to go boating as the rental thing didn't work out real well but we had a good day despite some problems.
Old 08-19-2003, 04:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Quest,

Glad you had a good time down here. I wish I would have had more time to get together with you. Maybe next time. I got your PM...sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I've been crazy busy.

If you were at the Dali museum, that was right next to my marina(about 1/8 mile). Lightning Bay is also next door....There are some cool boats there.

Take care.
Old 08-19-2003, 08:28 PM
Registered

Default You're right!

Quest
Yeah that is a sad sight, it's a 30 Spectre, belongs to the Guy who owns Flowmaster. I go across that bridge regularly & have never seen it covered
Glad you enjoyed your stay.
John

Quick Reply: What to do in St Pete?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.