Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who has the best crabcake on the Chesapeake Bay (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/56723-who-has-best-crabcake-chesapeake-bay.html)

Ted G 09-01-2003 09:29 PM

Ask Kurt and Jerry about Suicide Bridge-we already dragged them by there:D

I really like the crab cakes at Kent Moor on Kent Island.

As for Annie's-they have one of the best brunch buffets I have ever seen-and everything is great. I have had dinner there a few times and always had good service and good food- SG your parents do it right;)

I am thinking a trip to Stoney's may be in the cards though:cool:

BODYSHOT1 09-02-2003 09:34 AM

"Suicide Bridge"

..sounds like a plan!!

thanks all...:cool:

R Addiction 09-02-2003 09:44 AM

Originally posted by Speed Girl
Oh well to each is own......
Speed Girl , We like Annies especially the brunch! We always stay for that. We have eaten at the restuarant and it is always crowded. No complaints here;)

R Addiction 09-02-2003 09:47 AM

If you boat to the head of the north east river and can find dockage, there are 2 places that have good crabcakes but you have to take a short walk into North East for Woody's, and a short walk into Charlestown to the Wellwood.:D

Love Machine 09-02-2003 10:11 AM

I grew up in Calvert Co and have been going to the Broomes Is. Stoney's for years. I've yet to see anyone match their softball size lump crabcake. Their crabmeat stuffed mushrooms are to die for too ...if you're into shrooms. The original cook left and is rumored to make a good crab cake at Benedict bridge on Pax river western shore.

For people going to the Cambridge races, I just had a crabcake yesterday in Oxford that was pretty good. Small but delicious. Forget the name of the place, but I believe it's the only place on the water. Next to Oxford Boat Works. It's a 10 minute boat ride from Cambridge.

wwwTOPDJcom 09-02-2003 10:18 AM

man your making me hungry and it's almost lunchtime

Strike 09-02-2003 01:07 PM

We visited friends in Deale, MD and had some good ones at "Skippers Pier".
But what do I know. Being from the Buffalo burbs, the only thing I know is Chicken wings and beef on weck!

Phknlwyr 09-02-2003 02:19 PM

G&M gets my vote. We threw a dinner party last year with crab cakes and filet mignon as a surf and turf. No one complained that there was no lobster.

BigMike 09-02-2003 08:11 PM

My favorite are the softball sized crab cakes at Stoney's in Broomes Island or Prince Frederick if I am in that area. Of course a crab cake sandwich is like $16.00 so it had better be good. I have been disappointed with Capt Billy's over the last few years. For good food in that area go and talk to Art at Gilligans Pier. He is doing a great job. Capt Billy's is all about all you can eat crabs. With crabs being almost non-existent, it's just not the same as it used to be. In the late 80's, we would take the boat to Billy's or Pier III, eat crabs and drink until closing, try and find our way back to Goose Bay or Port Tobacco before daylight, try and put the boat in the slip, sleep until the crack of noon, get up and start over. Those were the days. Probably lucky to be alive.

Mike

BigMike 09-02-2003 08:14 PM

One more thing. I moved to Florida ten years ago to escape the winters. I have yet to have a crab cake worth eating in Florida. Most are breading dipped in Old Bay. The funny thing is they are advertised as "Maryland Style Crab Cakes". Give me a break.

Mike