Fountain
19.10%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Crusier war Donzi, Formula, Fountain ??

Old 08-13-2003, 06:53 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Donzi has the best engine compartment. Talk about easy access.

DaveP, How smoken a deal....E-mail me
Attached Thumbnails Crusier war Donzi, Formula, Fountain ??-engine-compartment-low.jpg  
Old 08-13-2003, 07:34 AM
Registered

Tell me what power and what options you want and I will give you a quote:

I would recommend T-496HO's for power. 500's & 525's are cool, but cost an additional $30-45k. You can buy 2 spare 496's for that kind of money. Also - the teak insert is $12k option. I would recommend going for the snap in carpet with the fiberglass sole.

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
Air Conditioning - 12,000 BTU w/Heat - Cockpit
Bow Thruster
Cockpit Enclosure - w/Side & Aft
Windshield Connector
Chain, Rope, & Stainless Anchor
Compass - Digital
Docking Lights – Bow
Exhaust - Quick & Quiet II w/Mufflers (non-switchable)
Exhaust - Quick & Quiet Plus w/Mufflers (switchable)
Gray Water System
Icemaker in Cockpit
Remote Control Spotlight
Teak Cockpit Sole
TNT Hydraulics Platform
Wall Vacuum

Let me know.
Old 08-13-2003, 01:31 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

have you considered a sunseeker???
Old 08-13-2003, 03:19 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I guess a used 40 Magnum is out of the question...
but man... that's class.
Old 08-15-2003, 09:54 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Rode on the 400SS Formula in Miami, and it was awesome. That one had 500's and Bravo 3x's - we saw 59+ on GPS with 7 on board and half-full tanks. Fit, finish, support and resale speak for themselves. The lighter color interior in Cuda's picture is the way to go. Formula guys said that the Wippled boat eats drives like a kid goes through candy. It will run faster, but you have to be very, very careful on starts and in bumpy water. I did see a 400SS on TraderOnline.com with 525's, so it looks like you can send the price out of sight if you want. Personally, I'm waiting for twin 440 Yanmars to become an option...

If you want something sportier, I'd look at a 44 Magnum or 48 Sunseeker...

Dockrocker - "Dune buggy steering wheel" - LMAO
Old 07-02-2006, 08:19 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,067 Likes on 282 Posts
Default Re: Crusier war Donzi, Formula, Fountain ??

Originally Posted by Raypanic
I am now concidering a express crusier I have narrowed it down to 3. Each have there plusses and minuses. I have seen the Formula and the Donzi. I spent a little time on the Fountain last year but was not concidering these typs of boats at the time. I will be on one soon.

basic specs:

Donzi 39ZSC- 12'2 beam x 39' long - 55MPH 16.800lbs
Formula 400SS 11' beam x 40' long - 55MPH 15,500lbs
Fountain 38EC 10'6 beam x 37'11 - 65Mph 13,500lbs

Vote for your choice

I have ridden in a few of those formulas and was not impressed with how they rode...
Old 07-02-2006, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Don't know anything about the Donzi- don't remember even seeing one in person

The 40SS vs 38 Fountain would be better compared as 37SS vs 38 Fountain due to beak issue.
I got a very luke warm response in the Fountain forum (on OSO) regarding their cruiser line. The 48 EC is awesome and from some angles I liked the 38 but most pics I have seen have the 38 on a trailer and it looks too short and tall.

The Formula's are the best of both worlds. I would be afraid of terrible resale on the other two (remember the 65 Fountain!!). I would think the express cruiser business is real slow right now and being there are plenty of new 05's out the there now it would be time to play Lets Make a Deal!
Old 07-02-2006, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Obviously top speed is not anyones main concern, but the 400ss will run an honest 62 with 525efis, we sold one last year with them. If you get the optional hardtop you may not see those speeds but i think it is ugly anyway. We are both a Donzi and Formula dealer and i would take the Formula hands down. It has already been mentioned the resale will be better, and well you can touch the factory and dealer support. Couple that with the awesome financing and the choice is easy. Ray, i know you like your boats to be top knotch as i had a hand it putting your fountain together. If you are ready for the best there is, then get the Formula. I also sent you a PM. - Andrew
Old 07-02-2006, 11:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

I was in the same predicament as you were right before I went to the Miami show. I like the wider beam of these cruisers, but wasn't ready to sacrifice top end. The other factor was I wanted diesels and possibly surface drives, which I know the 41 Donzi offers them. I did like this boat. Fuel burn is superior, write up was excellent, but as all diesels top end sucked. I was not impressed with the Fountain quality, AT ALL ON THE CRUISERS, but top end was excellent. There were plus's and minus's on both Formula and Donzi. I slightly preferred the Formula, but wish both these co.'s would put more powerful diesels in with stout Arnesons.

Another alternative:

I ended up going with another Nortech 4300, I was extremely happy with my first gas powered version. This time around I elected for some twin 480hp Yanmars, ASD in line 8's and some 6 blades. I drove one and liked the concept. This 4300 that I drove even had bow thrusters, not particularly needed, but I opted for the same, kinda cruiserish . I love the 9' beam and superior ride, a cross between a cruiser and go-fast. The headroom is 6'5" at bottom of inside cabin and 6' at fridge/micro area. More than enough for our overnighting, beside the kids sleep on the beach in a tent, while we use the generator. I wish you good luck. Jeff
Old 07-02-2006, 11:59 AM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Has anyone noticed this thread is 3 years old? Maybe he's bought by now

Quick Reply: Crusier war Donzi, Formula, Fountain ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.