Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
O/T Anybody been to an NHRA event? >

O/T Anybody been to an NHRA event?

Notices

O/T Anybody been to an NHRA event?

Old 08-12-2003, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boot: how can you say nitro stinks, (does burn your eyes) but that smell is like adrenaline to me, of course I breath nitrous and drink cam2
Old 08-12-2003, 10:33 AM
Registered

good deal guys...I'm planning to get right at the starting line on the pit side for Sat. and Sunday. I thought this would probably be the best place. I grew up watching it all but never got the chance to go to an event so I'm siked. I'm a die hard John Force fan so pit side is a must
Old 08-12-2003, 11:28 AM
Registered

Ok got spectator side for Saturday....right at the start line. Sunday I got pit side right at the line. Both are at the end of the row so I can come and go as I please. I guess next thing on the "to do" list would be nitro boats
Old 08-12-2003, 12:02 PM
Registered

We race at Norwalk alsost every week and Go to most events, and one of the coolest things is watching (Camp Force) pull in. He's a really nice guy too. Coupla years ago the named one of the grandstands after him. He was real cool about it. John actually walked through the stands for about a half an hour shaking everyones hand in the stands.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:20 PM
rws
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took the Wife to Columbus for the Spring Nationals this year .It was her first experience with Nitro.When we first arrived the Alcohol cars were running and She said
this is not that loud!I said wait for the Nitro Funny Cars .
She was impressed and I was told that "We are coming back next year"! I like to sit at half track but walk to the starting line also. Here is a link to NHRA http://www.nhra.com/

Rob
Old 08-12-2003, 12:32 PM
Registered

Originally posted by JETBOAT BRIAN
...Get a pit pass for when the top fuel, and funny cars fire their engines ..It will make your whole body shake...Bring earplugs...
I used to go all the time. There is NOTHING to compare to standing behind a fueler when it fires in the pit. But PLEASE where ear plugs. I'm deaf in my left ear now from too many loud motors.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

I live about 45 minutes from Raceway Park in Indy and have been a few times to the US Nationals. It is unlike anything I have every seen or heard before. The pits are my favorite place. Walking around these machines while they are tuning is a thrill.
P.S. They are not kidding take ear plugs.
Old 08-12-2003, 01:07 PM
VIP Member

STARTING LINE BABY !!!!!!!

Make sure you have ear protection of some kind. The sound waves will rumble your body.

Oh and the smell of Nitro and tire smoke--- Not much else beats that for a gearhead !!!

Have fun
Old 08-12-2003, 02:25 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Starting line first then move to half track. Especially if you stay for the final round. They really load up on nitro then.
And if it's dark......super cool.
Can't miss seeing those flames at night.

I used to go to Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ.
Spent every Sunday at the track for almost three years. Also ran a Super Stock Dodge Dart for one season and competed in the Summer Nationals.
Old 08-12-2003, 02:33 PM
Registered

If you ever want to see a great event, and your in ohio you must go to " night under fire" @ Norwalk. Every year Bob Motz burns down the sign board with his huge jet powered Kenworth. Its pretty cool.

Quick Reply: O/T Anybody been to an NHRA event?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.