Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Powerquest boats ?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/56938-powerquest-boats.html)

Macklin 08-14-2003 11:58 AM

Originally posted by BillR
I run in the ocean and the lower Chesapeake bay (which is usually pretty snotty) and that boat had zero problems handling it.

Definitely can not say that about my Baja 272. I was trekking to the chiropractor every Monday after runnin in the snot in that boat!!

I am chiropractor free with my PQ340. And I came in a few boats behind BillR at the first card stop. That put three PQ's in the top ten (or very close) at the first stop. Not bad for a family cruiser....with a the windshield too! Wish I had my helo pic from the Poker Run to post up here.

MadHatter, why don't you come on down and ride in some big water with one of us guys. We don't chase nose.....we chase tail!

Reckless32 08-14-2003 12:16 PM

I knew this post was gonna heat up sooner or later. Those PQ guys get onery if you even look at them boats wrong....:D

I will vouch for their poker run performance so proudly referenced above, but in all honesty I can't say whether or not the others were really trying to "race" them or putting out their best efforts out there. There also was some boats without offshore experience. That can turn a really good offshore boat into a lake cruiser....

But anyway, hey I like Velocity's. Never ridden in one but I like their looks and cockpit/cabin styling. Very masculine looking. Especially the newer ones. Too many boats having way too much froo-froo put in them these days jacking up the price and interior maintenance...

Another in the range you're shopping that I like is the 28 Pantera. Another good looking masculine boat....But you did mentione wife though didn't you...:(

JS232 08-14-2003 12:38 PM

AirPacker: My friend, well, I'l discuss it with GLH. It would not be for this summer (no trailer and NO TRUCK) ;-). Next summer, if you guys have a run or something else... Maybe i'l be in a PPQQ ;-). I do love the Enticer but I have a psychic barrier against twin screws.

Man... I started something big here... How about a Bayliner with a 575 efi ??? ;-).

Good opinions guys. I now feel confortable with PQ.

Steve_H 08-14-2003 12:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by Lee
This thread is starting to bring back some PQ vs Sun memories :D :D I ain't saying nuthin :D
that thread was entertaining:D

JS232 , my sunsation might be for sale soon if your interested. easy on the wallet too! comes with a trailer and maybe even a truck........
i want twins again:crazy:

Curt 08-14-2003 12:58 PM

Re: Powerquest boats ??

Originally posted by JS232
I want to move from a Baja 232 to a 28-29 foot.

I love those 288 sunsations...

Last week, I went trough an article on the Powerquest Silencer 280. Never seen one here. Looks like a hell of a good boat. It's a stepped hull and as lots of room in it(very important for wife).

How would you guys compare those to Bajas, Fountain, Sunsation... ?

Powerquests in general are good boats. You might try e-mailing "Jan" at [email protected]. He has had a 26 for several years and has dealt with the factory a great deal lately. He could give you excellent 1st hand knowledge. Good luck.

cigarette1 08-14-2003 12:59 PM

Good opinions guys. I now feel confortable with PQ.

Remember that owners of any brand may have ulterior motives for pumping up their boats. One day they are all going to have to sell them.

Get un-biased opinions and run them before you decide. Especially if you are not dead set on a particular boat. Sometimes you want what you want and nothing will change your mind. I remember when I wanted a Harley ... leaky, slow, old tech ... but I bought it anyway and never had one regret. Same thing with my Cafe Racer ... heavy, slow, old ... not one regret.

Figure out what YOU want and justify to yourself why you want it.

G

BillR 08-14-2003 01:28 PM

Re: Re: Powerquest boats ??

Originally posted by Curt
Powerquests in general are good boats.

Very well stated. ;)

Airpacker 08-14-2003 02:17 PM

AirPacker: My friend, well, I'l discuss it with GLH. It would not be for this summer (no trailer and NO TRUCK) ;-). Next summer, if you guys have a run or something else... Maybe i'l be in a PPQQ ;-). I do love the Enticer but I have a psychic barrier against twin screws
JS,we have a few different runs every summer. You could always just come for the hell of it as well. Awsome waters around here,Big lakes and GREAT lakes and of course,Georgian bay and the 30,000 islands(great boat camping which I know you guys like). Hey,you could always get yourself a cat and have tons of cabin space for stoves,sinks,barbeques,step ladders,water beds etc,oh sorry,wait a second,thats Yves Scarab ;)

Wally 08-14-2003 02:22 PM

I like the powerquests alot! My buddy Karl has a 380 Avenger......it plows through everything like a tank! :D Awesome room in the cabin and cockpit and there are no complaints from him about any part of the boat! If someone is looking for an awesome used boat please check it out in the boats for sale forum. He's asking $170k for it but you may be VERY surprised as to what he may be willing to sell this boat for!!! :eek:

Scott 08-15-2003 07:33 AM

Originally posted by cigarette1
Remember that owners of any brand may have ulterior motives for pumping up their boats. One day they are all going to have to sell them.

Get un-biased opinions and run them before you decide. Especially if you are not dead set on a particular boat. Sometimes you want what you want and nothing will change your mind. I remember when I wanted a Harley ... leaky, slow, old tech ... but I bought it anyway and never had one regret. Same thing with my Cafe Racer ... heavy, slow, old ... not one regret.

Figure out what YOU want and justify to yourself why you want it.

G

Very nice post :D Make your decision and be happy with what you have:cool:
I have had some of my best times on the water in a 8' raft with a small outboard.
I would like to add one other thing about your choice. Make sure that you are O.K. with the payments, Insurance , Fuel and maintenance. This way you can enjoy it !! and not watch it sitting on the trailer.