If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Thread: San Diego

Dallas, Tx, USA

Banana San Diego

The wife and I are going to San Diego this fall and am looking for a nice hotel to stay in. Well, I got on and man, there are some pricey places to stay there. I'm use to going to Vegas and paying dirt cheap for nice places but doesn't seem to work in Diego! Will you veterans of that city give me some good choices of where to stay somewhere near the ocean but doesn't have to be right out the window since we will be on the run most of the time! I really don't want to go much over $150/night if I can. If I'm out to lunch on what I'm looking for say so! I see there are the normal chain hotels that I am considering and hopefully still be near the ocean. Also, when we decide, I hopefully will be able to meet some OSO members while I'm out there!

Luvoffshore...the best place for you is on Mission Bay. There are Marriots and Hyatts on the Bay...should fit into your price range. Mission Bay is about ten minutes from the downtown Gas Lamp District where the tourists hang out. Good will love San Diego!!!

My EX got the Sleekcraft Platinum Member gdfatha's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Sadly, no longer have: Sleekcraft 24'
    Apopka, Florida
    If in a pinch..and they are pricy but nice on Mission Bay: The Catamaraan, The Bahia and the Paradise Isle Resort. All on the water, romantic, but pricey.

There is/was a Holiday in at very reasonable rates right on San Diego Bay. Great seafood restaurants and steak (Ruth Chriss's) in the area as well. The Star of India Tall sail boat tour is right across the street.

Toward the end of Sept there is a street party (Used to be called the street scene) where they block off 8 square blocks for many many bandsm kiosks, dancing and.......The age limit is over 18...Its right near the Marriott Marina Towers..

The Unlimited Hydroplanes also race around Mission Bay Sept 21-24..
    Last edited by gdfatha; 08-14-2003 at 06:56 PM.
    marc (Offshore Paparazzo)

Senior Blue Hair~ I'm so old.. I remember
    "Preparation A"...

Come on! Splurge a bit. Take the Mrs to The Hotel Del Coronado and see if a beach house or cottage is available

My Boats:
    24 Hallett, 40 Hallett

Just unpacking from 5 days at the Paradise Point (formerly Vacatlion Village) at Mission Bay. NOT for the budget minded. Hotel Circle is just minutes away and very close to everything. Hot Tip: Go to Sea World in mid afternoon and stay till closing. Beats a lot of crowds...

Go to the zoo. IT IS A GREAT PLACE!