no newspaper coverage for Sarasota APBA Race >

no newspaper coverage for Sarasota APBA Race

Notices

no newspaper coverage for Sarasota APBA Race

Old 08-15-2003, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry no newspaper coverage for Sarasota APBA Race

After two years, most of you know by now that the APBA is coming back to Sarasota next weekend. A lot of people have worked long and hard to pull this together to ensure it will be a success, which it will be. It is going to be the biggest event for our community, since APBA departed two years ago. The local tv stations have been very good in getting coverage out there for us. The local newspaper, The Herald Tribune has done virtually nothing. Get this, last week "hot dog wars"in downtown Bradenton, yes I said friggin hot dog wars, got FRONT PAGE coverage. HOT DOG WARS.............. And this boat race does not get one single word. I personally talked to the "executive editor", Janet Weaver and got the usual whitewash of excuses. "We're on summer staff, our local news has focused on back to school", yada yada yada.....She could not even respond to my "what's wrong with this picture" point about the hot dog wars. You can bet one thing though. If the Save the Manatee Club had a picnic down here, eating their "lettuce rolls", it would have 4 inch high letters in the headline on the front page complete with photos. It sucks.....................................