Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Powerplay vs. Cigarette (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/57170-powerplay-vs-cigarette.html)

VaporTrails 08-19-2003 08:12 PM

Hi Wally!

When I re-read your post about the deck flexing, I failed to realize you had two girls on your shoulders??? Sounds like YOU'RE built better than a PowerPlay! :)

Can't say I ever walked the deck with with that kind of weight, however... I've had a few bow ornaments using the deck as a dance floor. But then again... we all have! :)

Take care!

JROMY 08-19-2003 08:34 PM

Thanks everyone - how much has Cigarette revised the 35? Sounds like the Powerplay got more freeboard in 96, otherwise pretty much the same. Obviously Cig offers a twin step now. Anything else to look for/stay away from with either boat? What about Brad's post - sounds like the newer twin step Cigarette may be a bit quicker? Are they pretty comparable weights before the TS?

Steve 1 08-19-2003 08:36 PM

Danny takes great Pains in those decks The windscreen area is even framed in with a Heavy Structure.. I have never seen any flexure .Plus since the early 90's they have been bagged together to utilize long sheet coring material (minimize Joints and their chance of printing from the large net cross sections post curing)

The Finishers there are Big Guys over 200# and Myself included and have never experanced that.

Reckless32 08-19-2003 09:14 PM

How are Powerplay boats for pricing and amenities?

Miller 08-19-2003 09:36 PM

Both are good boats. However, I've always felt that the 35 Cigarettes have the best lines of any boat ever penned...so that would be my preference. Though, the Powerplay is an amazingly well-built boat.

Allan4 08-19-2003 09:51 PM

Question for you who know the Powerplay 33's.

What kind of power yields what sort of speeds??

I.E. 454 mags, 502 mags....and even big power.

What does the boat weigh rigged with BBC's?

I understand they run outboards on these frequently, why is that?

If you put #3's and 800hp per side, how would it like that setup and does this boat like boxes or shorties?

I know very little about them and am curious for future reference. I also have a freind who has talked of picking up a 33 in the near future.

Thanks.....A4:)

Steve 1 08-19-2003 10:20 PM

Allan

I will get Dan or Titos to Contact you with the Information Take care

Allan4 08-19-2003 11:02 PM

Thanks Steve....

Seeeeeeeya.....;)

BLee 08-19-2003 11:11 PM

Originally posted by JROMY
Thanks everyone - how much has Cigarette revised the 35? Sounds like the Powerplay got more freeboard in 96, otherwise pretty much the same. Obviously Cig offers a twin step now. Anything else to look for/stay away from with either boat? What about Brad's post - sounds like the newer twin step Cigarette may be a bit quicker? Are they pretty comparable weights before the TS?
Wait a minute. Are you comparing a 35 Cafe Racer to the powerplay or the 35 Mistress T/S?

If we are comparing it to the Mistress then why are we even talking about this. There is no comparison on any level. I like Powerplays ALOT but cmon... Even a Cafe is gonna outlast most.

Wally 08-20-2003 08:48 AM

Originally posted by Too Old
I think that Wally's experience may have been on the deck of my buddies Powerplay in Party Cove.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe he stepped on a deck hatch because that thing is solid.

Or, he may have been a light headed after the two women drank body shots off him on the deck and then rubbed their....well, maybe we better not go there.....

That was the incident!! :D :D :D

i didnt step on a deck hatch cause they warned me about that before i took my second step on the deck :)

light headed??.... mmmm maybe a little....but i do remember the deck flexing a bit......thinking back about it now some more (Its all starting to come back now) there may have been 3 girls and me on that deck at the time so the weight factor may have come into play on this instant... :D

**Originally posted by cashbrain**
"...you must have seen Wally's pics from LOTO "

No Jack....Fred was almost right next to me! :D ....and when they were done attacking me one of them went afetr him! LMAO!! :D ;) Hey Fred....remember this ole boat!? :D