Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Attention ALL SOUTHEAST Boaters... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/57240-attention-all-southeast-boaters.html)

Dock Holiday 08-29-2003 09:56 PM

Mark,

You are taking all of this way too serious!

I'm just like you, I pray everything holds together. If anything breaks it will sure ruin a great weekend, not to mention hurt the pocket book.

If you look at the number of boats in Jacksonville last year compared to Savannah this year, we were all pretty lucky at Jacksonville.

I have never met a boat I didn't like, and trust me, Velocity's are very high on my list.

It is exciting that a manufacture like Velocity gets involved in this event. I look forward to seeing all the toys they bring.

Like they say, it's not how fast you are but whether or not you finish. The outdrive I broke in July was the first thing that has failed me in a long time and when you are crazy about maintenance like I am it really does concern you.

What ever happens, the wife and I just look forward to being with all our friends and having a good time.

Isn't it past your bed time?

mikes280 08-29-2003 09:58 PM

you boys calm down.but you know the crews for north carolina did bring the fastest single engine boat the fastest boat of all the boats we won the poker run and we all had a good time looken forward to seeing everyone in jacksonville

Dock Holiday 08-29-2003 09:59 PM

Mark,

You got any pictures of the dash with the new gauges installed?

I have really been wanting to see out it turned out.

Dock

mikes280 08-29-2003 10:02 PM

oh and that single was faster than 98% of the twins and it did not break

mikes280 08-29-2003 10:04 PM

hay doc wish you could have come down to our mudd hole we did have a lot of fun thak weekend missed you and tommie

VelocityMark 08-29-2003 10:05 PM

Dock I have been trying to enjoying the little bit of summer that we have left after the winter project that lasted until the 4th of July. And we wont even go into what happened that weekend. But I have not taken the time to get the dash panels made. I am going to try to have it ready before Jacksonville. :cool:

Dock Holiday 08-29-2003 10:06 PM

Mike,

It is known in our area that you know how to build an engine. If the engine looks half as good in the boat as it does their in your living room it as to be awesome.

See you down there.

Dock Holiday 08-29-2003 10:09 PM

Mark,

I hope you get it done, it will sure look nice.

I bet you have a whole new respect for fuel quality, boost pressure and crimped lines.

Heard a little of the story.

Just glad you will be able to make it.

mikes280 08-29-2003 10:10 PM

thinks but that not the living room thats the garage my engine compartment need work not as clean as marks i wanted to ride in may will clean it up this winter

Dock Holiday 08-29-2003 10:12 PM

Originally posted by mikes280
hay doc wish you could have come down to our mudd hole we did have a lot of fun thak weekend missed you and tommie
Yeah me too. I really hate we could not make it. I bet you missed Tommie more than me!

Sounds like you guys put on a good show. I have had two people that don't even own boats to comment on all the "Cigarette" boats on Wylie that weekend.