Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Ford 6.0 powerstroke problems!?! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/57245-ford-6-0-powerstroke-problems.html)

buck183 08-19-2003 12:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
About 900 miles so far. The performance is great. I don't have any regrets yet. Just hope I'm not one of the unlucky. If so, I'll tell the whole world about it.

Buck

Jassman 08-19-2003 07:24 AM

Ive got a 1000 miles now on my 2004 3500 crew cab long bed dually. I just came back from Emerald coast pr towing Radio Active. I am still uncertain on the pulling power over my 2002 Duramax, I know this is a dually and a long bed, which weighs more over my GMC 2500 crew cab, but on long inclines it lacked the pulling power over the Duramax, could it be cause not quite broken in and the additional weight of the dually. Any advice, it slightly hesitates from a stand still, but once rolling pulls strong, its just on the highway over 60 mph where it lacks a little power, thanks Jeff:confused:

fountain1fan 08-19-2003 09:32 PM

sorry guys my 2003 cummings is great NO trouble at all kilo kat sorry you hade trouble but we wish you the best in the quest for 210 mph robbie rogers

mopower 08-19-2003 10:05 PM

Originally posted by JASSMAN
its just on the highway over 60 mph where it lacks a little power, thanks Jeff:confused:
There just ain't no replacement for displacement.

skater40 08-19-2003 10:05 PM

I have 9000 miles on mine and i love it.The bellhousing leak at 3000 was fixed promptly.I installed the quadzilla box and changed the air filter to a AFE and it hauls a$$.

boat4life 08-19-2003 11:59 PM

I have one with 11000 miles and haven't had a prob, yet thank god. I put 100 hp. edge chip 5 in. exhaust and airaid kit it, runs like a stripped ass ape.

Semper Fi 08-20-2003 02:04 AM

I have an old friend who I grew up with who works at Ford's Headquarters. I let her know of the problems and she is passing the info on. I also let her know of the power of this site, and others like it. The word gets around fast!! hopefully some good will come of it.

KiloKat 08-20-2003 06:55 AM

Ford just authorized a new engine for mine. I understand that the three major issues plaguing the 6.0s are cold starts/idling, injectors and a turbocharger item. Ford assures me that all of these have been addressed and are no longer a problem. I sure hope so because everyone on the Bacardi Silver crew is absolutely crazy about this truck!

buck183 08-20-2003 07:39 AM

Here's what I find amusing about this whole diesel thing.....

Chevy comes out with Duramax. All the Ford guys are screaming "Run"!!!!! Chevy has some problems. Everyone bad mouths it from day one.

Ford comes out with the new 6.0 Powerstroke. Ford has problems. Everyone says it's ok, they'll work it out. No big deal.

It's Ok for Ford to have some problems but not Chevy? Haven't understood that one yet.

I'm not bashing the Ford product either.....I just bought one with the 6.0. Just don't understand the thought process.

Buck

bojoe2 08-20-2003 07:58 AM

I JUST PICKED UP MY TRUCK FROM THE SHOP LAST NIGHT THEY WERE GOING TO REPROGRAM IT BECOUSE OF BAD ROUGH IDOL AND BAD GAS MILLAGE BUT WHEN I PICKED IT UP IT WAS STILL ROUGH ON HE COLD START. KILOCAT WHAT WAS WRONG WITH YOUR 6.0 TO QUALIFY YOU FOR THE NEW ENGINE. :confused: