Ford 6.0 powerstroke problems!?! >

Ford 6.0 powerstroke problems!?!

Notices

Ford 6.0 powerstroke problems!?!

Old 08-20-2003, 08:46 AM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Earlier in this post you will read where we broke down after our kilo run in NC.
Old 08-20-2003, 09:24 AM
Pollock

Mine has had several problems. too. The rear seal leaked and they fixed it. They changed some other type of cold start sensor that gave it more power.
After my first oil change it runs like crap after I shut it off and restart it after a couple of hrs but it goes away. FORD unpluged the oil temp gauge and now it starts fine. Nice and smooth, But the fan never shuts off and it sounds like a tornado. So I plugged the sensor back in. I would rather deal with rough idle than the fan noise.

Otherwise it pulls like no other truck. Way better than the old 7.3L

Old 08-20-2003, 09:40 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I heard of a few fuel injector problems with Duramax's and other odds and ends, but I agree with Buck183. You guys spent BIG BIG BIG dollars on a diesel to put it to work. Its not working. Sure the Duramax costs a few more dollers up front, BUT, I sure as hell do not like making payments a vehicle when the dealer is "enjoying" it.

Nowadays, in the world of computer controlled engines, if the computer is -fudged- (insert other experlative); the whole thing is -fudged-. Are Duramaxs and Cummins being reprogrammed like this; new flash this, new flash that? Let stab at this? Lets stab at that? As anyone, I would hate paying more for one thing than another, when they are comparable in product. However, how are things comparable products, when one works, and the other one doesn't?

If you hook a diesel Ford up to the back of a diesel GM (or Dodge) for a pull off; the GM (or Dodge) is going to win if the Ford won't run. The GM (or Dodge) is not going to wait while the Ford reboots.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 08-20-2003 at 11:25 AM.
Old 08-20-2003, 10:43 AM
Registered

Our 03 Excursion with the 6.0 has been in the shop about 15-20 times and it has 11k miles on it.

First the rear main seal went out, then the turbo had to be replaced, the computer has been reprogramed several times, and the air conditioner sucks.

Semper Fi's friend has helped us, and it looks like we might be going to arbitration to get a new vehicle. The GM at our dealership has been helpful as well, and agrees that we probably need a new one.

They have been unable to get the A/C to work properly and when it is 120 at Havasu it is miserable. You have be be driving 70+ mph for at least 10 minutes until it blows cold. Driving around town it won't work properly. Maybe the 04's will be better.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I went to look at a 03 Excursion last night nice looking truck but the brakes totally suck. I was surprised that the brakes are so weak on a truck that size. My Sub has dual pistons on all four wheels. Can't wait for the diesel in the sub.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:40 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

One of you photo shop guys, can you change the steering wheel pics of a Ford from the Cruise Control buttons to CONTROL, ALT, and DELETE?

Attached Thumbnails Ford 6.0 powerstroke problems!?!-620111.jpg  
Old 01-13-2004, 12:13 PM
Registered

Default Hey Guys

Im lookin at a 2004 F250 PSD. Its build date is September 15, 2003

Do ya think im ok with that? or were there still problems at that point?

thanks
Old 01-13-2004, 12:44 PM
Registered

10-4 ...thanks
Old 01-13-2004, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My first Duramax dually 03 was just about perfect. Never had to take it back to the dealer in 18000 miles. The resale was so good and GM had a lot of rebates in place at the end of the year so I traded it in for an 04. It's almost the same truck but with about 60 more lbs of torque for 04. So far no problems.
Old 01-14-2004, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered a 2004 6.0 a few months ago, I'm hoping it runs as good or better then my chipped Duramax....

zzie

Quick Reply: Ford 6.0 powerstroke problems!?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.