Notices

boat lift

Old 08-20-2003, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Folks:

I bought a Sunstream floatlift and I am nothing but delighted. The thing is rock solid, and it raises and lowers fast like a bat out of hell.

Comes with a keyfob: I get in my boat, hit the "down" button. I'm down in 30 seconds and off.

Runs either on electricity or on a solar panel. I have power at my dock. But I disconnected it and I run on solar.

I agree that a stationary lift would probably be the best solution. But there are times when you can't use one.

More and more municipalities have rules against stationary lifts. The beauty of a floating lift is (epeek, listen up) that it usually doesn't qualify as a lift. It qualifies as a vessel without an engine. So unless floating lifts aren't expressly verboten, they are o.k.
Old 08-20-2003, 10:28 PM
Steve_H

how does Sunstream compare cost wise to hydrohoist?
are there any dealers at loto?
i need a 10k lbs lift for a community dock 12 X 28 slip.

Old 08-20-2003, 10:38 PM
Registered

Jonas - you have described a process of 'feathering' the lift. I have tried this with my lift, and both times, the boat would fall over to the side, resulting in a STROKE/HEART ATTACK to the owner (no real damage to boat).
Has this EVER happened to you? . . . Honestly?
Old 08-20-2003, 11:05 PM
Registered

The Sunstreams Rock. Self contained with the solar power and quick. A friend of mine ties his up to his tiny float in front of his house. The thing holds up great to big weather too! This is a pic of his small boat. He has a 28 Donzi he keeps on this lift too.

I heard the hydrohoists are not for the weak of heart.

No, I don't sell Sunstreams, but I wish I did. Since they are built up here in the Northwest, there isn't much of a need for dealers.

Here is a link to the product brochures

Sunstream brochures
Attached Thumbnails boat lift-sunstreamlift01.jpg  
Old 08-21-2003, 05:56 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just had a side lift installed this summer. Great lift, the best part is the remote.

www.goldenboatlifts.com
Old 08-21-2003, 06:27 AM
Registered

Peconic, In bad weather does the floating lift get
tossed around just like a boat would,or is it more
stable?
Old 08-21-2003, 10:49 AM
Registered

I had my first experience with a hydrohoist this last weekend. It is not for the faint of heart! I am still recovering from the trauma. We were going to rent this hydrohoist from this guy, so I meet him on Saturday night to learn how to operate the thing. He tells me to make sure you get the front end coming up first then get the back end going. He demonstrates (with no boat on the lift) it looks easy enough. I come back Sunday with the boat, wife and kids and the show begins. We got it on the hoist ok, so we let it down to make some adjustments and thats when the fun started. I let the back down a little first then the front. Everything looked good, then all of a sudden the hoist and boat rolled to one side! So I let air out of the other side and the hoist righted itself and rolled over on that side. Then down it went. Two small heart attacks and some entertainment for the folks going by. When we put the boat back on and I tried to bring the it up as even as possible this time. Got the front coming up, turned those valves off, got the back coming up, turned those valves off and so on. Everything was looking great when all of a sudden it rolled again!!! I spoke with the owner and he said thats never happened to him. He is going to meet me this weekend so I can recieve some further training and hopefully figure this thing out. There are things in life that require a learning curve, using a hoist shouldn't be one of them.
Old 08-21-2003, 10:52 AM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Check out the videos on our site. One hand held remote and 45 seconds is all it takes.
And you can do this from the drivers SEAT, even while holding a beverage in your other hand.
www.sunstreamcorp.com
Floatlifts in 6,000, and 10,500 capacities.
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 08-21-2003, 07:43 PM
Registered

Originally posted by epeek
Peconic, In bad weather does the floating lift get
tossed around just like a boat would,or is it more
stable?
Depends on how you attach it. Mine is attached to a floating dock on one side, and to pilings on the other side. No complaints at all.
Old 08-21-2003, 07:49 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Steve'O
I had my first experience with a hydrohoist this last weekend. It is not for the faint of heart! .... There are things in life that require a learning curve, using a hoist shouldn't be one of them.
No learning curve at all with the Sunstream lift.

Push "Up" on the remote. Lift goes up. Keep pushing until it's up.

Push "Down" on the remote. Lift goes down. Keep pushing until it's full down.

No issues whatsoever. I use mine every day. My dock guy liked the thing so much that he signed up as a Sunstream dealer.

Quick Reply: boat lift

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.