Who knows about Innovation motors

Notices

Who knows about Innovation motors

Old 08-18-2003, 02:41 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who knows about Innovation motors

Theres a boat Ive seen with twin 600 Innovations. They have a total of 1000 hrs and 400 since freshneing. The sales guy is trying to tell me that these motors can go 1000 hrs before going thru them. I find this hard to believe.

If any knows about these motors I would appreciate any info posted here.

Thanks
Todd
Old 08-18-2003, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 194 Likes on 101 Posts

Check with Jo Nunez at Pantera. They have put a few in some of their boats. I had talked to him about doing a 28 with the Innovation motors at one time. He liked the motors, he was just concerned about someone else other than innovation being able to work on them.
Old 08-18-2003, 08:00 PM
Banned

I think Innovation has been around for years, if I'm not mistaken, they built the original engines in my 86 302 Kaama.

They are having an open house.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ght=innovation
Old 08-18-2003, 09:48 PM
Gold Member

They are solid motors. They where the ones that built the "volvo" 600's. Volvo just labeled them is all. I have met rick and the crew many times. They have been around for YEARS. One of the biggest contracts they have is with the government. I would almost believe the 1000 hour time. A friend of mine just sold his scarab with innovations in it. The boat had about 220 hours on it, and the motors where just getting broken in. That was per rick.... and they ran STRONG. They are also the only one marinizing the GM 8100 motors, so if GM picked them over the others, whatya think they can handle?

Overall, I can not understand why they are not used more often then they are. The motors are simpley awsome.
Old 08-18-2003, 09:49 PM
Gold Member

I just went to the open house link... if you are in town check them out! its worth it!... Kitten runs a innovation 600 in the pantera.
Old 08-18-2003, 10:08 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I called and talked to someone directly at Innovation. I don't remember his name. He said that they are high performance motors and like most other high performance motors they require top end work after so many hours. He said that 400 since last valve train job is quite a lot of hours. They reccomended a compression and leak down test and more than likely they would need a complete valve job. He said the bottom end of these motors are strong but like most high performanc motors the valve train is the wekest part. This came directly from Innovation them selves.
Old 08-18-2003, 10:09 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

BTW we'll be in St. Pete area over Labor day so maybe we'll go check them out then.
Old 08-19-2003, 03:20 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

More than likely you talked to Dennis. The Innovation engines are top-notch. Pantera, Fountain, and Nor-Tech just too name a few manufacturers who have used them. There is also a little Innovation heritage in Nor-Tech's house built engines. They do extensive R&D work before they produce an engine. A VERY HIGH reputation in the marine industry.
Old 08-19-2003, 08:20 AM
GOT MERC?

I do alot of business with Innovation Marine in Sarasota Florida. There facility in second to none. You will need to contact Dave Stiff at Innovation Marine 1-941-355-7852
Old 08-19-2003, 02:05 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Innovation is a class act, and their motors are sensible and strong. The 600's run great - start with a quick bump of the key, and pull hard. The only issues I've had are with overheating and cracking of the right side exhaust manifolds with the Eickert setup on the Volvo motors. the Stellings setup is plumbed a little differently, and seems to be OK.

600's are short deck BowTie blocks, 540 ci, Holley injection, Crane valvetrain, Manley valves, JE/Wiseco pistons, Crower crank/rods, Melling oil pump, etc. Dave Stiff told me that the bottom end should be good for 720 hp, so a few pounds of boost should make for a nice upgrade....

Quick Reply: Who knows about Innovation motors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.