Notices

What is a Webbcraft ??

Old 10-15-2006, 11:50 AM
PAN
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What is a Webbcraft ??

Where does everyone get webcraft parts? I bought a 27ft Velota in June. Show room floor condition but needs a switch here or there.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a had two webbcrafts in the past and I have nothing bad to say about them. They are like most boats in being that they are a knock off of something else with a few changes. I remember when I went from a webbcraft to a baja and could not believe how better built the webbcraft was. Not very sporty but a heavy well built boat.
Old 10-15-2006, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

1 word-----JUNK--
Old 10-15-2006, 04:23 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve_H
i owned a 89 webbcraft equalizer w/502's
if was actually a pretty fast boat but small for a 28.
they went out of business in 91 i beleave.

i had a hard time selling do to being relatively unknown.
Thats a good looking boat.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:34 AM
PAN
Registered

They are a heavy boat aren't they lol. I think their almost a Baja Outlaw knockoff. I had mine parked next to an outlaw on the sandbar and the only major difference was mine has a tinited glass winshield where as the outlaw's is made into the boat. If you've seen one you know what I mean.

Old 10-16-2006, 10:57 AM
Registered

they were all over loto back in the day. several still exist down there and i have seen several in very good shape. like a lot of these boats from this time frame, they have a lot of wood and teak in them. a lot of maintenance. i have seen several for sale down there, check some of the brokerage lots on the loto websites.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:04 AM
PAN
Registered

I dunno. I don't have hardly any wood in mine. It's all fiberglass or plastic. There's two small cupholder/ashtrays with a wooden holder/mount around them aprox. 8inches by 8inches. That's all though. Was the Velota or the Concorde this nicer model? Or was the velota just the sporty model?
Old 10-16-2006, 12:04 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PAN
Was the Velota or the Concorde this nicer model? Or was the velota just the sporty model?

The Velota was better, and probably their best original design.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:47 PM
PAN
Registered

Probably. Never seen another webb besides this one. Where would be a good place to get emblems for the side of the boat? new or used. I thought it was 98 (last year they made them) when went to look at it , but heck its a 88 with 400 hours on it
Old 02-16-2007, 02:56 PM
Registered

Default A Little CLarity

I've read some of these replys and feel i should come to the defense of Webbcraft. I am employed in the marine industry and have been for many years.( Never by Webbcraft). I have had an opportunity to have a conversation with Mr.Webb perhaps a dozen or so times over the years and I know his boats quite well. I feel some people are being a little harsh on the webbcrafts, and also on the webbs. Webbraft made excellent boats. The Last year they were made was model year 1998( but only a handful). I will agree that webbcraft should have not ventured into the offshore racing market. Their runabouts are terrific boats and to say that they are copys of a cobalt is absurd. Anyone who looks at the Cobalt and Webbcraft models can see two very distinct lines of boats. To say they never had an originl idea is crazy and somewhat insulting. They made well built, heavy, long lasting boats. I will admit that the 28' model( named: Equalizer) was almost a carbon copy of a cigarette, and that they should have stuck with runabouts. But they do deserve credit for building quality boats. They aren't on a plane with Cigarette, Formula, Fountain,etc. , but they are certinaly as good or better than a Baja, Chris-Craft, etc. Don't be afraid to buy a webbcraft runabout. Their Offshore "racers" are a bit doggy. And as people go they are some of the most likeable, and hospitable people in the industry.

Quick Reply: What is a Webbcraft ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.