If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OT: Spam

My Boats:
    Cant do much about it besides having your virus definitions updated so YOUR machine does not get infected.

Just keep deleting them as they come in. It will go away eventually after the affected people get it off of thier machines.

My Boats:

i am running "i hate spam" on my machine. All it really does is the same thing that your Outlook filters will do for you, but with an easier to use interface. You still get the emails that you don't want.....they just get moved to a another folder. You still have to go through the folder (at least i do) to make sure nothing went to that folder that wasn't supposed to.... (i.e. an email from someone that you know that included the wrong "keywords" like....boat for SALE).

you really should have some kind of virus protection on your machine. You can obtain viruses from not only email attachments, but from just viewing infected pages of a website. For around $30 - $40 for is a good investment.

Mike J
    I received close to 40 this morning with half as returned
    WEBTV is a service only and I
    only have a box like a cable
    TV, Not a computer.
    I have been getting them since
    last week and just hit delete
    Mike J.

My Boats:
    Boatless... Damn...
    I get SPAM all the time... It is always bad for me, no real change the last few days.... I even somehow get it at work now! I have NO idea how they got my work address. I even set my filters here at work now and they dont seem to be helping. Somehow they got my name as grant golliver I have NO idea where that came from... but I get tons of mail with that name in it...I have put the name golliver and grant in my fiter and I STILL get mailfor that name...

My AOL name has ALWAYS gottentons of spam... I just click the lil' spam button on the bottom of the page...

OSO Content Provider Commercial Member SHARKEY-IMAGES's Avatar
    I wouldn't press any buttons other than DELETE and Empty Trash. I believe if you notify your mail server that an email is spam or you respond to a link to be removed from the sender's list, you have just confirmed that your address is valid and you will get a whole lot more spam.
    I still don't see why it is necessary for these people to do these things.
    Too bad there wasn't some way of tracing this stuff back to the person or persons that do this, and by law enable us to send an electronic bullet back to their computer to the point it explodes!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

phila pa
    Originally posted by CAP071
    I thought you could just report them to AOL directly?

Hey Car doctor I see you are from Philly also!
    grew up in philly live in horsham
    i boat on the delaware
    rack stored at dredge harbor

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123