If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Boats:
    98 Baja 36 Outlaw
    Best quick fix was actually really stupid. We left Sandbar at the local waterpark and started to head off. While waiting for everybody else I was just idling around on the river. The motor cut out and would not re-start. I am in the engine compartment pulling and re-attaching wires, connections and trying just about everything twice. Still wont start. After much cursing and yelling I look down at my feet and notice the safety lanyard. Stupid thing fell off. Yup, there went my pride.

Diamond Member #001 Charter Member C_Spray's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2000 Formula 382 with Innovation 600's
    Coastal North Carolina
    Lanyard - Been there, done that: Boating by myself, I was being extra careful, wearing my vest, lanyard, etc. Got to the marina, went to get fenders in place, and there was a funny "click" - and the motor went DEAD. Cranked OK, but wouldn't start. I'm trying to figure out where I left the paddle, which boat I'm going to get blown into, where my insurance information is, etc. etc. Then I looked down.....

Had a good save this week, too. Tore a drive u-joint boot in last weeks Poker Run, letting water into the u-joints and jackshaft bearing. Made it home, but there were funny noises coming from the back. Had just enough room in the engine compartment to unbolt the motor, slide it forward (without disconnecting anything except the exhausts!), pull the bellhousing out and replace it with another complete assembly I had. Done in 1-1/2 hours. By myself. Put the spare drive on, and now I'm good to go for our 9-day trip to the Finger Lakes tomorrow. I'll have some work to do on theold drive and bellhousing when I get back, though...
    Retired! Boating full-time now.

Toxic FORMULA Platinum Member mopower's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1989 Formula SR-1 272 t/540's
    pitman nj
    Originally posted by HyperBaja
    Never had the boat break on me, knock on wood.

Tommy you should never have said just jinxed yourself
    Good luck this weekend
    You can never have too much horsepower or money...It's just hard to have both.

My Boats:
    94 43SC Black Thunder
    On my way to the Metro Beach launch with my 40 Scarab, I burned up a wheel bearing. Parked it on the side of Metro Beach Parkway and went home to get tools and spare parts. Called a friend, Tim, to meet back at the boat and help out.

I couldn't believe the amount of attention the boat was attracting. 1 young mother with her about 5 year old daughter, in a van, rear ends the car in front of her while gawking. They pull to the center unhurt luckily and get out to discuss whatever. I just kept working.

Got most of the job done. Just have to let the jack down and torque the lug nuts. A guy in a pickup is too busy looking at the boat to notice traffic has stopped. He does a sudden lane change and avoids a collision but the 5 cars behind him never had a chance. I was under the trailer letting the jack down and all I could hear was tires screaching, metal crunching, plastic parts bouncing off the side of the boat. A Jeep Cherokee was about 6 feet long. There was a mcpherson strut wiht coil spring laying in the middle of the road.

People got out of their cars and mostly seemed to be okay. I looked at Tim and said we'ed better get out of here or else we'll be in a cop car filling out reports the rest of the day. There were plenty of people to help out if needed. So I put the truck in gear and got the hell out of there. The rest of the day was great. We made it to several ports of call and got back to the ramp about 11:00.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12